Blood pressure changes?

Options
Should i be concerned? When i weighed 400 lbs even 380's i frequently ran 140's over 90's. I now weigh 343lbs and i am running 110ish/70ish. At the dentist the other day i was 106/67 are these okay numbers? My numbers frequent around this now so i know it's not a one time incident. My HR used to be around 90's now it's around 80's. My vitamin D level jumped from 10 to 36 which is now normal then again i was on supplements.

Cholesterol is 170
Triglyceride is 126
HDL is 32 which is i think low?
LDL is 113
Non HDL is 138

I am really surprised with how i ate and how large i allowed myself to become but these were done while i was losing weight as well 6/2011

Glucose is 95 i asked my doctor to put me on meformin again to help aid in weight loss and she won't! uhg
A1C is 5.4
Protein is 8.0

Do all these numbers look okay? It's so strange that everything just changed especially my blood pressure.

Replies

• significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    106/67 is great!
    The general rule for blood pressure is, the lower the better, as long as you're not fainting. Mine is usually somewhere between 120/70 and 100/65, and I'm told that's really good.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    106/67 is great!
    The general rule for blood pressure is, the lower the better, as long as you're not fainting. Mine is usually somewhere between 120/70 and 100/65, and I'm told that's really good.

OH that is great!! Do you happen to know about any of the other numbers?
  • saraann752003
    Options
    A scarey moment is sitting at the doc's having them take your blood pressure 6 or 7 times in a row and them debating if they should send you to the hospital (right in front of you like you don't exist) I was 147/100. I have worked really, really, really hard in combination with my medications to get mine down to about 130/87 (on average). The docs and nurses seem to be happy with this progress. Now we have me focusing on the bigger picture... loosing weight and quitting smoking (I know its a bad bad habit etc etc, I am working on it) to help improve my health even more...
    My sugar is always borderline... no need for meds, but enough to get me a lecture from the doc to watch things...
    My cholesterol... they have me on fish oil supplements and I have no other issues....

Point being, work with your doc, they can really really help and in general keep on working towards being healthy. None of us are guaranteed a second heart, so even if we are starting late, lets try to take care of the one we have!!!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Your BP is great! A1C is in range and glucose under 130 and over 70 is fine; you don't need metformin and it doesn't help with weight loss at any rate. HDL should be over 40 and LDL under 100; maybe add flax to your diet and lean fish like salmon to get the Omegas up. Triglycerides should be in the 30-150 range; you're good, and as your weight drops they will too. Cholesterol should be in the 100-199 range so you're good there too. I would maybe talk with a RD to get the HDL levels up, but your numbers would please my doctor!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    they look great
  • Hoshneer
    Hoshneer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think a congratulations is in order. You are doing a awesome job!