Just turned 40

Options
swilwert
swilwert Posts: 2 Member
I just turned 40 and finally cracking down and putting myself first. I need to work on getting back to a healthy weight so I'm not so tired and sore all the time. I'm looking for accountability partners as I don't have alot of friends and family who are supportive.

Replies

• aaf2
    aaf2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just turned 39. Was on here several years ago and reached and surpassed my goals but then fell into some bad habits. Have about 15 pounds to lose. Please add me as a friend if you'd like. I haven't used this app in ages and am trying to become acquainted but it's all foreign to me. Best to you!!!
  • cobalt108
    cobalt108 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am close to 40 and want to get back on track with my health and this app. Need a fresh start and some positive support and understand when people can be less than supportive. Hope we can be friends :)
  • kittyfantastico66
    kittyfantastico66 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I’m 45 😳 and ready to start working on me again! I would love some more accountability partners 👍
  • brea2681
    brea2681 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all- I’m looking for an accountability partner/group as well. I’m a 42 yo wife and mom of 2 very active kiddos. I work full time (plus…is there such thing as a 40 hr week anymore 😉), and I have put on 30 lbs in the last 3 years (15 of it in the last 6 months). I need to make my health a priority and eat right and exercise. I had 2 accountability partners in January which really helped, but they stopped their efforts in February and I’ve been struggling doing this by myself. I would love to join this group. I’ve never done an accountability group on MFP, so let me know what I need to do to join. Thanks!
  • healthierorbust
    healthierorbust Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    brea2681 wrote: »
    Hi all- I’m looking for an accountability partner/group as well. I’m a 42 yo wife and mom of 2 very active kiddos. I work full time (plus…is there such thing as a 40 hr week anymore 😉), and I have put on 30 lbs in the last 3 years (15 of it in the last 6 months). I need to make my health a priority and eat right and exercise. I had 2 accountability partners in January which really helped, but they stopped their efforts in February and I’ve been struggling doing this by myself. I would love to join this group. I’ve never done an accountability group on MFP, so let me know what I need to do to join. Thanks!

This is me!
  • lewinhannah4316
    lewinhannah4316 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Id love to support you- il add you! :-)
  • nicolewhittier
    nicolewhittier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 40 but turning 41 in about a month. I gained 24 pounds since 2021 and aside from the weight gain I feel out of shape and often tired. I have a lot of food allergies and high cholesterol. Right now my main goals are to eliminate added sugars, stay under 1500 calories, avoid gluten and starting to try to drink more water. I work two jobs so now clear exercise goals at to moment but trying to get more movement. How do we form a group or follow each other? I do really well with accountability and enjoy being supportive of others.