One for the women. (re. the pill, Juliet 35).

Options
This year I have been taking Juliet 35 female pill, my doctor put me on it at the start of the year as I had a skin problem.
All year I have struggled with my weight and for the last 2 month I have been working my butt off walking 5kms every morning, doing 30 day shred and doing 4 gym classes a week. I have been eating 1200 cals a day only to gain 7+ kg?
At the start of the year I was 60kg, this morning I was 67.8kg.
I put it down to my age but now Im thinking it must be this pill?
I had a blood test alst week to test my thyroid and it showed very low blood sugar levels so I have had a second test & Im waiting on results.
Has anyone ever had this happen? I am going to stop taking it and see what happens....
My diary is open so add me if you want to look at my diary, (not last night however, I went out with the girls).

Replies

• jturner01
    jturner01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some people react differently to birth control pills and can put on weight. I don't suggest just stopping the medication without consulting your physician. You may be able to be switched to a different pill that with a lower dose of hormones or something that may have less effects. I would considering discussing that with your physician and that may help!
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I know lots of people who have gained weight with a change in the pill they're taking. So it's definitely a possibility.
    Especially since I've seen how hard youve been working!

You've lost inches over the year? As the weight may be a result of getting more toned, muscle build up etc, but 7kg seems like a hell of a lot of muscle.

If you can get an appt with your doc I'd ask them if there's another dosage you can use.

B x
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Was your skin problem bad enough to warrant putting you on birth control? If you need it for birth control then great, two birds with one stone but it kind of irks when doctors prescribe hormonal medication off-label. With that said, speak to your doctor about a different brand/dosage.