Im fat

Options
What should i do

Replies

• DebbsSeattle
    DebbsSeattle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As my Dr. Told me…eat less, move more. Just approaching 6 months and 50# reduced. Base your daily food on vegetables, fresh fruit, lean meats. Log ALL the foods you eat. Cut out ALL the sugar and processed foods. Start walking…15 minutes a day at the most brisk pace you can…work up to 45 minutes per day. Drink water and herbal tea.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Well....I think you know. Eat less. Plug your stats into MFP, get your daily calorie goal, get a digital food scale, start weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink, and stay within that goal everyday. Move more, walking is good to start. Good luck.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Yeah I'm literally eating frozen pizza tonight. Cutting out carbs is so unnecessary
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,226 Member
    Options
    What should i do

First set some goals. Make them challenging and also achievable. Make them measurable. What are some of your goals?

Once you have some good goals, develop a strategy to achieve them. Go slow. Don't quit. Stick to it. If you have some days you fail, just don't let that stop you. Keep working towards those goals.

What are those goals?
  • jcglaser226
    jcglaser226 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First get rid of anything you shouldn’t eat. Junk food and white rice pasta. You can add these things back slowly. Weigh yourself every week and log everything you eat. Excercise helps weight lost. Good luck!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    First get rid of anything you shouldn’t eat. Junk food and white rice pasta. You can add these things back slowly. Weigh yourself every week and log everything you eat. Excercise helps weight lost. Good luck!

Eliminating foods you enjoy COMPLETELY from your diet can lead to going way overboard if you ever have some. Another approach is moderation. Eat rice, but eat one serving.
  • janet2030
    janet2030 Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Not really what u eat, its more how much u eat. You should probably start with a online calculator.. As your calories a day would depend on your weight, height, age and how active u are.
    Calculator.net

Then your gonna need to track ALL u eat and drink and add to my fitness. Dont lie as your only cheating yourself
  • Leanmode55
    Leanmode55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Take it one step at a time and move onto the next thing. Start by just cutting out junk foods while replacing them healthy foods to your diet. Do some slow walking 30 minutes a day to get your body moving.
    When you get used to that, then you should look into tracking your calorie intake and other things. Trying to do too many things at once will overwhelm you that you'll probably quit. Just small simple steps and adjust overtime.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I think a better first step would be to just write down everything that you eat, ideally after using a food scale to weigh it. Ideally you also log that in MFP to see what the calorie impact is. This information can inform what the next step is.

Then, after a couple weeks, set some goals and try to find a way to have a reasonable calorie deficit each week, ideally each day. Give yourself permission to mess up, and when you do, don't let it go on and on. Stop it right away and get back on track.

Cutting out foods you enjoy (for example whatever "junk food" means to you) may be counter-productive. If you abolish some foods you enjoy, then when you do mess up, you might REALLY mess up and go WAY off the rails. Perhaps it's better to let yourself have some reasonable amount of "junk" food as long as you also get good nutrition with your other foods and stay in deficit.

Set some reasonable goals and work towards them. That's key. And I definitely think that tracking what you eat and drink will inform next steps.

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    janet2030 wrote: »
    Not really what u eat, its more how much u eat. You should probably start with a online calculator.. As your calories a day would depend on your weight, height, age and how active u are.
    Calculator.net

Then your gonna need to track ALL u eat and drink and add to my fitness. Dont lie as your only cheating yourself

MFP has a built in "calculator". Why go outside?

If a person must (because they don't want to handle exercise calories separately in the MFP way), this is a TDEE calculator with more activity levels, better descriptions of each level, and the opportunity to compare several different research-based formulas:

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
  • pony4us
    pony4us Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Agree with everything above, but do you realize that you posted on the Maintaining Weight section where people have already lost the weight. Maybe you'll get more help in the "Health and Weight Loss" section.
  • svetlanatanner
    svetlanatanner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You need to commit to change. I have been overweight most of my life. Until I realized that it negatively effected my life I was just fantazing about loosing weight but would not do anything about it. We all know the basics of loosing weight, but afraid of the work it takes to get results. It is easy to talk about it, make plans to start eating less tomorrow vs. actually eating less. I am sure you had hundreds of these tomorrows. Just start the process with basics and you would not belive how exhilarating it is to actually start loosing weight. You will gain all knowledge you need by documenting what works for you. For me it was calorie counting and 30 min simple exercises from YouTube 4 times a week. After that I added personal trainer, nutrition knowledge but it was to get me loosing more weight after initial 30lb. Good luck and I hope you start your journey soon.