20lb lost in 3 months

Options
Rich_SC
Rich_SC Posts: 64 Member
After trying for the last few years to just exercise my weight off (without diet) and of course failing I stumbled onto MFP. So glad I did. I'm 5'8 and started at about 188lb. I've been on a 1600 cal goal (no added exercise calories unless I do something epic). It honestly has not been that difficult to do. I'm not into the fasting thing but generally don't need to eat anything while at work until 1-2pm.

I now exercise for fun and it's totally decoupled for me from losing weight which is by diet (which is very mentally freeing). I have about 10 more lbs to lose then it's maintenance. People can't believe how fast I've lost this, it's been an incredibly positive experience.

Replies

• mbosco88m
    mbosco88m Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Nice progress! We are about the same size right now and I wish you luck on the next 10. This is usually where it starts slowing down for me, but hopefully within a couple more months!
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Rich_SC wrote: »
    I'm not into the fasting thing but generally don't need to eat anything while at work until 1-2pm.

I'm not "into fasting" either, but it sounds like basically you fast each day until 1-2pm?
    Not judging, just asking, but that kind of sounds like fasting. Maybe just a natural fasting as opposed to consciously fasting.
  • Rich_SC
    Rich_SC Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    deckerp wrote: »
    Rich_SC wrote: »
    I'm not into the fasting thing but generally don't need to eat anything while at work until 1-2pm.

I'm not "into fasting" either, but it sounds like basically you fast each day until 1-2pm?
    Not judging, just asking, but that kind of sounds like fasting. Maybe just a natural fasting as opposed to consciously fasting.

Yeah, I know thats a loaded comment. I just don't feel the need or urge to eat until late in the afternoon so that's fasting but I'm not dogmatic about it. The other benefit for me is larger meals later and it keeps my blood sugar stable (Not diabetic but have had sugar crashes in the afternoon if I eat breakfast or snacks).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!