Seeking WOMEN only for accountability and support

Options
2»

Replies

• janjoemo
    janjoemo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I’m 59, have 10-15 stubborn lbs that just aren’t moving. Would love supportive people /accountability buddy(ies) to share our journeys. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • teense01
    teense01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be 57 in a few months with 3Ms too - struggling as I was able to lost 30 pounds just two years ago and since last summer, the pounds are literally creeping back up weekly. Nothing makes sense because the pounds are adding on quickly and I feel out of control. I would like to feel comfortable in my own skin - I wake up upset with my weight and I'm simply tired of myself and thinking about my weight. I was able to lose such a short time ago, and now it feels impossible. I was so proud of myself two years ago and now I feel like a failure. I need help and support to figure out how to address this new point in my life. Hot flashes, weight gain...hard to feel good.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi! 42 here, married, 2 teenage boys. Been on this road a long time, used MFP like 10 years ago to get fit and was doing well. In the last few years I gave up, gained a lot of weight and I'm sure lost lots of muscle. I did so so in January and have been doing better for February but need motivation and support! Hope everyone is doing well! Recent highest weight ever if 216, current is 213, goal for now is 170-180.
  • porgy_58
    porgy_58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the idea of accountability with like-kind.

I am 64, retired from Navy and following job. I have done every type of weight loss and am still looking for that magic pill, so-to-speak.

Don’t get me wrong, I came to realize action is key to finding your way to health and fitness.

For exercise, I walk my dog, Ace, at Smith Mountain Lake Park. These are not meandering walks, they are not for the faint of heart.

I am looking for someone to make me accountable. I want to stay motivated. Help please …
  • MartyF4
    MartyF4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me too. Its tough to lose after 50 but lets share tips on what works and support each other. I tried Noom (in 2021 AND recently) and it didnt work at all. Haven't been this heavy since pregnant decades ago. I am hoping that tracking my macros in MFP will help (high protein, low carb, low fat to start). I love hiking and pickleball and being out with my doodle. I have been back to the gym for 6 weeks now and I have a bit more energy, yet no weight loss.
  • StaciInGa
    StaciInGa Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    I'm in a similar place! 48, back at logging and focusing on some fitness goals after a few years more off than on. My kids are young adults, with one still at home but moving across the country this summer. My 2 daughters and 2 grands live up the street. Being older it does help that I can focus on ME now.

Diary is public, because I don't care what people think of what I eat.
  • kimrothlaw3315
    kimrothlaw3315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 56 and a 3M'r. I have lost a little over 50 pounds three times in the past 15 years. It normally takes me about a year to lose that amount as I routinely lose about one pound per week. I am on the up side of the scale again and need to lose 50 at a minimum. I have lost about 10 in the past year and have been able to keep it off but have not committed to myself to keep stay on the losing rather than maintaining side. I too like support and encouragement. Today, I started logging again. That is the start to my long journey to come.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! xxx
  • tinajwilson69
    tinajwilson69 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. Sounds like we have lots in common.
  • Happyness4me2
    Happyness4me2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm a 39 year old working mom to 3 school aged kids. I'm looking for accountabilty buddies for mutual encouragement to meet our daily goals. Feel free to add me!
  • mhrr
    mhrr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a fifty year old mom to a teen and I have 50 that I am working on. I would love to be in an accountability group! can you add me?!
  • CurvyCalorie
    CurvyCalorie Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Keri, and starting again. My hubby and I are going to try weight watchers, 1st time he has really wanted to try anything. I'm excited and hope that we will stick with it. I'm 195 goal 150, and I'm 53 years old. My nest is almost empty, and I'm the main caretaker of my Mom who lives with us.

I'm hoping to find an accountability partner that is willing to share experiences, recipes, and help each other to stay on the wagon!
  • Aconditt
    Aconditt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I’m 52, 3Ms!, and looking to drop 10-15 pounds. I’m active but love to eat!!
  • cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If this group is still active I would like to join. 58 year old post menopausal empty nester. I’ve gained another 20 pounds in the last few years and have at least 30 total to lose. New desk job is making things harder- I’m tired all the time, have to be at work early, and zero motivation by the time I get home. Would love to offer and receive support.
  • Notsohot7
    Notsohot7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Count me in too 🙂
  • Itadakimasu7
    Itadakimasu7 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends but not sure how to add people because I'm new - doh.

I'm 48, starting on the menopause fun, night sweats, hot flashes etc. etc. oh and weight gain. Grr. I'm trying to lose around 50-60lbs. I'm in Oregon. I'm trying out OMAD (one meal a day) at the moment. I'm active daily. I don't record calories with this app, but I do import my exercise and I post everyday.

Cheers!
  • ganival
    ganival Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends too! I'm 45 and a cat mom x2, I run and bike but mostly stress eat about work! My diary is open and looking for other open diaries - more for inspiration and curiosity, I'll never judge what you eat!
  • sherbearp38_
    sherbearp38_ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 58 and fit in this category! Feel free to add me!