Does anyone were a knee brace while exercising and if so can you recommend one from Amazon?

Options
Ive tried 2 or 3 cheap braces from Amazon and they stretched out after like 3 uses. Can anyone recommend a decent support or brace.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    get a knee sleeve that's 5mm. They do wonders.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mbosco88m
    mbosco88m Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    get a knee sleeve that's 5mm. They do wonders.

Curious as to why you recommend 5MM versus 7MM?
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    It will depend on what the issue is with your knee.
  • mbosco88m
    mbosco88m Posts: 13 Member
    Options

In my case, my left knee has had ACL surgery twice. While it's ok... it has never gotten fully stable after the second surgery. I'm primarily looking for support for squats/deadlifts. I'm not a particularly heavy lifter at this point.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    mbosco88m wrote: »

In my case, my left knee has had ACL surgery twice. While it's ok... it has never gotten fully stable after the second surgery. I'm primarily looking for support for squats/deadlifts. I'm not a particularly heavy lifter at this point.
    Get one with side stabilizers

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I haven’t had surgery but I’m mildly hypermobile and like to injure my joints 🙄 I used to use knee sleeves but personally I now prefer to wrap my knees. I wear Olympic wraps; they’re thinner and stretchier than powerlifting ones, and I wear them when I need the warmth. For more stability on heavier stuff like squats, or explosive stuff like volume snatch, I wrap them tighter. They give me support and I like the flexibility. Bonus point - they are SOOOO much easier to put on than knee sleeves!
    ETA: just realised I’m wearing them in my profile pic!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    I wear Patella stabilizers on both knees(im a runner). I HAVE to wear them when I do any sort of exercise/sports. I just get them from a local brace store. You want to make sure they fit properly.