JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,764 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt - when I’m logging and staying within my calories I don’t limit anything. As soon as I do that I crave it even more. A 6” pizza is a better choice than a full one.

@clicketykeys - hugs to you. You sound like your workplace is as bad as mine.

@Bex953172 - there are online assessments. Did you know that ADHD in girls usually shows as anxiety and depression? There is a lot of information about it now. My daughter got diagnosed in 2020 and has been doing better since she was put on meds for it.
    She’s still has a way to go, but there is an improvement. She said the mental relief to know that she wasn’t just stupid, lazy, disorganized, etc helped tremendously and now she looks for tips online for how to manage a house, children and work as ADHD women.

Well here it is another week and I haven’t maintained my goals. I’m just so down and stressed about work, I don’t Have a lot in me anymore.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt - when I’m logging and staying within my calories I don’t limit anything. As soon as I do that I crave it even more. A 6” pizza is a better choice than a full one.

@clicketykeys - hugs to you. You sound like your workplace is as bad as mine.

@Bex953172 - there are online assessments. Did you know that ADHD in girls usually shows as anxiety and depression? There is a lot of information about it now. My daughter got diagnosed in 2020 and has been doing better since she was put on meds for it.
    She’s still has a way to go, but there is an improvement. She said the mental relief to know that she wasn’t just stupid, lazy, disorganized, etc helped tremendously and now she looks for tips online for how to manage a house, children and work as ADHD women.

Well here it is another week and I haven’t maintained my goals. I’m just so down and stressed about work, I don’t Have a lot in me anymore.

I know I've done the assessments 😂 and it's looking maybe likely. The only problem is because I have an underactive thyroid, if I go drs they're gonna say it's that first because I don't take my tablets right.

So u til I get my thyroid under control and still have the same symptoms then I can't do much.
    But it's a catch 22 because I struggle to take the meds because I forget to take them, a sign of ADHD lol
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 How about sticking a reminder notice on the food cupboard in your kitchen, or setting an alarm on your phone for the same time each day, to remind you to take your meds? And when it goes off, take them immediately before you forget, even if you're busy with the kids. It's important to look after you too!

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry you are having such a hard time at work. I hope you find something better soon.

JFT Tuesday 18th April

Eat 3 sensible meals 2 good, evening meal was toasted cheese, was really late due to family stuff
    No more than one small snack one small one, getting better!
    Email roofer no, why do I hate doing this stuff so much?
    Turnip! now cooked and in freezer
    Cleaning plan didn't quite stick to it, but actually did more
    Weed front border yes

My turnip cooking was a disaster. I had 2 big pots on the stove, and accidentally turned the wrong knob, so I thought I'd turned both down to a simmer but had only done one. Came back in to a pot of turnip completely burnt to the pot. I've never seen a pot so blackened! And of course it's my favourite one, I've had it since I got married 40 years ago and it wasn't new then...when things were made to last lol. It's my go-to pot for everything. I have it soaking with a load of biological washing powder in it, I'll do my best to clean it.

JFT Wednesday 19th

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Only one small snack
    Email roofer
    Sort house insurance
    Email management company

I have a busy day today, and am meeting a friend for lunch. I seem to have found my oomph again this week!

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Man… on the struggle bus getting back into a flow. Was pretty fatigued up until yesterday. I think maybe residual from vacation? The power was out yesterday morning so all three of us got ready via candle light. Today is last day of work stretch then 6 days off. Thursday, Friday and Saturday already pretty full. I’ve got so many projects I want to get done but dang I just don’t want to do them.

Goals for today
    Log all food
    Drink 12 or more glasses of water but do it earlier in the day 😂
    Shave … I’m looking homeless
    Stay under 2k calories
    No beer
    Take bike hitch off car tonight
    Phone calls before 930
    No workout … today’s a test day and I’m gonna try to catch the last leg of Teigan’s meet after work
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ❌ Didn't exactly stick to my food plans
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Start pricing project for work ✔️
    ☑️Daughter has volleyball practice ✔️
    ☑️Ladies' Bible Study tonight - try to remember calorie limits ✔️❌
    ☑️Turn in Hogwarts Challenge answers ✔️

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Continue pricing project for work
    ☑️Figure out what to feed everyone for dinner

I got to bible study and the food was buttered rice, chicken pot pie, green beans with bacon and vinegar (you could see the floating oil - tasty but not exactly a healthy side), and key lime pie. Limiting calories wasn't really an option until I didn't eat. Also, I ended up eating M&M's that my daughter didn't want, popcorn, etc. Just not a great food choice day. Surprisingly, not as far off track as I feared by the end of the day.... but definitely not my best either.

@pridesabtch Love the photo. Hope the headache is fully gone today.

@littleblackskirt I hope the pot is salvageable.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday
    - Feel better
    - Drink water
    - Do hair
    - Eat reasonably

Yesterday was not great, but not awful. I didn't binge after work, but I did eat a sandwich while waiting for dinner. Then Tim made queso so I had chips with it. After that I helped V touch up her roots, she said I messed up, but I haven't seen it yet. I never claimed to be a hair dresser and I went to sleep before she got out of the shower. I'm just so dang tired. I go to bed early and still can barely get out of bed in the mornings. Tonight I do my CPR recertification. Finished the online portion yesterday, it was much longer than I expected. It took some people over 3 hours to complete. I got lucky and was able to test out of more than half of it so I got through in a little over an hour. I was first CPR certified in 8th grade, and have pretty much had an active CPR/First Aid certification since college when I volunteered on the ambulance. The last few years I had let is slip since I wasn't teaching, but now that I'm back in spin class I needed to recertify. There are some new acronyms and a few things I couldn't quite remember such as how far back you tilt the head, but all in all I did well passing all of the practical scenarios with 100%. Tonight we do a 3 hour (6-9) class room portion. Not really looking forward to that.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Training Kelli :smiley:
    - Puppy duty
    - Play with new microscope
    - Figure out where to store 10 years worth of hard copy data
    - Home by 5:00
    - CPR at 6:00
    - Limit 2 beers - guessing we will het the NET after class
    - Home by 10:00
    - Crash
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Just for Today
    • 24H Plan & Assess :smile:
    • WATER :smile:
    • Close activity rings :smile:
    • Mom's for AQ video :smile:
    • Home Care & Ta-Da's :smile:
    • Call in Rx refills :smile:
    • Early to bed. :(Maybe tonight?

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a nice week. Cold and rainy day here today so not feeling real motivated.

@pridesabtch Love the pic of your daughter. The girls look so cute!

@littleblackskirt Hope you are able to clean your favorite pot! I have wrecked so many of my favorite pots and pans like that.

@Bex953172 I have to chuckle because you and I have so many similar traits. You poor thing... ;) How did your kitchen turn out? Cupboards all put back up?

@Snowflake1968 HUGS to you! I hope one of the other jobs you applied for comes through for you soon.

Just for Today
    • 24H Plan & Assess
    • WATER
    • Close activity rings
    • Begin filling out functionality forms
    • Home Care & Ta-Da's
    • Pick up Rx today or tomorrow
    • Early to bed.
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,649 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow except hot cocoa and my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for today 4/19
    No crackers or chocolate candy or chocolate spread today. Yes
    No more than 1/4 cup mixed jours. Yes

JFT for tomorrow 4/20
    Can have chocolate, but no ice cream
    No croissants
    Can have crackers and other bread stuff
    No more than 1/4 cup of nuts

• Bex953172
    Options
    @littleblackskirt
    I try but I hit snooze on the reminder cause I think "right do that in a min." Then instantly forget 😂
    I have found the bathroom shelf Infront of the sink to be helpful though. Might put them all there.

Also, for the pot, try dissolving a dishwasher tablet in it with boiling water and leave it to soak if the bio doesn't work x
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hoir commitment - After I finish my coffee, I won’t eat again until after 12 pm.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 961 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday 19th

Eat 3 sensible meals 2, as I had lunch out I just had a yoghurt in the evening
    Only one small snack one
    Email roofer yes, made myself do it
    Sort house insurance yes
    Email management company no, I've decided not to reply at all, if I say what I think it will cause problems and for my own reasons I want to keep everything calm at the moment

I have a busy day today, and am meeting a friend for lunch. I seem to have found my oomph again this week! Lovely visit to the garden centre, and I didn't buy a thing! Apart from lunch

JFT Thursday 20th April

Eat 3 sensible meals
    Only one small snack
    Laundry
    Grocery shopping
    Work in garden

I have loads to do in the garden creating a new flower bed. It's really hard work, the soil is full of roots from the tree and shrubs which have been removed. It's no fun at all trying to dig holes. I managed an hour last night but had to stop as my back was so sore. And my son broke my faithful old garden fork...it's one of those weeks, what will the third breakage be? :)
  • Bex953172
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB

Oh yeah the kitchens done! Well the cupboards, countertops and sink/oven are all back in.
    I will send photos but although the kitchen is done, it's kind of not done at the same time. Like it looks good, the difference is noticeable.
    But it still needs repainting and still needs the floors and tiling done.
    And it's just them little things that REALLY bring it together.

So because the floor and the tiles still look old and worn, it's not exactly complimenting the new stuff. So I will send you all a pic when the WHOLE thing is done.

Plus, I've already started using the wine/bottle shelf as little "doom holes" to fill with my clutter so best clean them out too and put some actual drinks in there 😂😂
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour committment - I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. No more chocolate today. But can have a hot chocolate if needed for restrooms!
  • jennysweet58
    jennysweet58 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My kitchen is in the demo phase...there's a layer of dust over everything, despite my contractor's best efforts to tape off the kitchen...to be expected, but it's gross to live in. ;) Tile arrived yesterday, phew!! Also the new dishwasher is ready and waiting...between construction and my very stressful job my health goals keep getting pushed aside, although at least yesterday I managed to eat a big salad and didn't have any alcohol. Small victories!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories✔️
    ☑️No coffee until 8am ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Continue pricing project for work ✔️
    ☑️Figure out what to feed everyone for dinner ✔️

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Continue pricing project for work
    ☑️Get to Zumba tonight
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT THURSDAY
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Cover class. AGAIN. Change security setting. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Grade late assignments. Journal. Create trivia sets for Blooket and Gimkit? Begin TPT unit. Set up next TINAS script. Fill out tutoring time sheets for March and April; send PDFs to get signed. Email to check that tutoring is not needed in May. Check forecast and schedule tech-free days. Revise plans for Friday (half-period). Print progress reports 2nd.
    3. Pit Crew - Change security setting BACK. Send student to get M; head outside after.
    4. Planning - Coverage. AGAIN. Ugh. Reading (Netgalley). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Update weekly plans. Turn in absence form. What else? I feel like I'm forgetting things.
    5. English class - DGP 10 *finish* / Section 3a / Progress Reports. GET SIGNED.
    6. Park walk? Need to keep updating YouTube and cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there.
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Bottle run. Podcast. Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA but no library volunteering. Park – kite festival. PROM. Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf. NEED TO CHECK WITH ANA ABOUT VISIT. Need to check on when we won't be able to use laptops and make sure that plans are in place. Where is the dump and what all needs to be taken there and when? Where can I put the broken stove top so that it's not in the way?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 204.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage May 13 6P

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. So many things. So many things. I'm SURE I'm forgetting something. I couldn't find the time sheet that I meant to turn in on Tuesday and now I need to fill it out again and get the PDF signed and scanned back to me and that's just SO frustrating!
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @Bex953172 - IME girls are also much more heavily socialized to be compliant, so boys' ADHD-related behavior is much more noticeable. I've got an appointment for testing, but they can't see me until AUGUST. I don't tend to have much physical hyperactivity, but recently I saw something about incessant mental chatter / "racing thoughts" and it caught my attention. I always thought that was just a "me" thing.

I don't tend to think of myself as lazy, but I forget things VERY easily. I've developed strategies to help me keep track of my commitments, as following through on something I've said is incredibly important to me. And even then, it doesn't always work. I filled out my time sheet for tutoring on Monday and got it signed and I meant to scan it on Tuesday and send it in but then I couldn't find it, and that was incredibly upsetting for me.

I also don't sleep through the night. I had a sleep study done a few years ago and they said "well no sleep apnea!" (which was obvious) but they did say that in addition to waking up fully several times, I came out of deep sleep a LOT, and was very restless. So I'm hoping that treatment for ADHD might allow my MIND to be more restful, which will allow me to get better sleep.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Change of plans - I wasn’t going to have ice cream today, but my girlfriend really wants it. She’s celiac and French ice cream is a real treat for her. I might as well have it too. Otherwise sticking to my plan.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday
    - Training Kelli :smiley:
    - Puppy duty :smiley:
    - Play with new microscope :smiley:
    - Figure out where to store 10 years worth of hard copy data :neutral:
    - Home by 5:00 :smiley:
    - CPR at 6:00 :smiley:
    - Limit 2 beers - guessing we will het the NET after class :smiley:
    - Home by 10:00 :(
    - Crash :smiley:

CPR training took forever, but it was a good hands on class. I met some of the new younger instructors. They are me 17 years ago. Stay at home mom's teaching classes at the Y while there little ones go to child watch. Brought back good memories of close friends I made during those days.

After CPR, Tim and I swung by B-Dubs to let the bartender there know there was an opening at the plant for a mechanic. He's been trying to get on here for a while, but opportunities are few and far between. Hopefully this works out for him. He is a great guy and a hard worker.

Struggling big time to get up in the mornings again. Not sure if its thyroid related or not. When I put on weight, I often need an adjustment in dosage. Either way, I'm not doing well in the mornings. I almost called off today, but I have a standing staff meeting on Thursday mornings that I shouldn't miss. I still may take the afternoon off and go home, sleep & shower. Also can't forget to go to mom's to get bills today. May or may not feel like going to trivia tonight. V has a show, but we didn't get tickets for tonight. We do have tickets for tomorrow and Sunday. Sunday will be her last High School show, there will be tears...

JFT Thursday
    - Work on customer complaints & management review
    - Home at lunch (maybe stay there)
    - Go to mom's
    - Nap
    - Shower
    - Play with puppy
    - Maybe trivia
    - Home by 10:00
    - Bed