Putting on muscle but not wanting those love handles back….????

Options
My biggest photo is from January this year and last photo is present day today from this mornings workout.. feel like some days when I’m looking the love handles look like they appear again and some days not, I don’t want them ever again, Just want to pack on muscle, I’m eating high protein foods and supplementing with creatine every day, But while building muscle how many times a week should I do cardio to keep the love handles off but still put on the muscle????

h46gxccnf4r3.jpeg
wpbreng0msmt.jpeg
pzgtq9r6jbpj.jpeg
skv4996ktzij.jpeg
jb25byg0ygnl.jpeg
sqghgguro822.png
km9c7u0amdju.png

Replies

• SeanyBoyy1989
    SeanyBoyy1989 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure why it’s posted multiple of the same photos I only selected the ones I wanted once, side view photo of arm is from this morning and one where I look fat as *kitten* is start of January
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    It's all about how far over maintenance calories you are. The more calories over maintenance, the more of your weight gain will be fat instead of muscle.

Jeff Nippard covered this stuff yesterday. Watch his video below.

I think you'd be better off in the 5%-10% surplus range rather than 10%-20%. So if that means a surplus of 200 calories say, yeah you could do cardio outside of the weights workouts if you want to keep ingesting +500 say, and burn off 300 with the cardio to get back in the right range, or you could cut 300 from your intake. If you aren't logging everything you ingest here diligently, you should start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7jIU_73ZaM
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Figure your maintenance calories an take in 200 a day over that. Cardio is just figured into your TDEE.
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    No need for cardio. Walk 10k steps a day.
    Eat at a caloric deficit. If you plateau, choose to cut calories a little or do a little cardio.
    Continue to lift 3-4 times a week if your a beginner, full body workouts.