Weight gain

Options
kamranjay13
kamranjay13 Posts: 1 Member
Other than the app helping obviously... 🤦🏻‍♀️ Does any one have weight gain advice that has actually worked for them

Replies

• tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    You just need to take in more calories than you burn on a weekly basis. That is the only way to gain weight.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Have you read the "hard gainers" thread? In case not, it's here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Along with just eating more, I would suggest you lift weights - so some of the gain will be muscle. Don't go crazy with the eating more calories.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I’ve been working with a nutritionist and it’s been helping a little. For me gaining weight has definitely been a long, hard road to walk though… good luck.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Read the hard gainer thread that @AnnPT77 linked to above.

In summary the best approach is to consume items that are highly calorie dense and that you can digest quickly. Take in as much of your calories as a liquid as you can because liquids are easy to digest and, generally, you don't feel as satiated after consuming them. Examples are sugary drinks and adding nut oils to your food, either while cooking or as a dressing. Nut oils contain a lot of fat which is more than twice as calorie dense as carbs, 9 cals/g for fats versus 4 cals/g for carbs. And eat fatty foods when possible because of their higher calorie density.
  • michaelsmithpa
    michaelsmithpa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Multiple meals has worked for me in the past. I try and eat something every 2 hours between meals. usually fruit, yogurt, bagel, something easy to eat. I eat a lot of bananas, combine one with a rice cake and a tablespoon of peanut butter and it's about 250 calories. Just be careful not to overdo it
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Lol, for me to gain back in the day, I just added pizza everyday. Gained like 30lbs in 6 months, but because I was progressively overloading, the majority of it was muscle.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2023