Help. Not losing.

Options
So. Since February 9th I’ve been back on my weight loss journey. I’ve lost 22 lbs. Currently I haven’t lost ANYTHING in weeks! I’m eating 1250 calories a day and just started using my treadmill for brisk walking 20-30 mins a day since Monday. What is happening? I’m so disappointed and discouraged.

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    How far is it to goal? Are you using a food scale to crunch the numbers? How long have you been eating 1250 cals? How many weeks with no loss?

Step back. Your program has been very successful. Beware of your brain. It is trying to wreck you. Don’t let it. Keep going. Maybe you need to tweak the numbers. Maybe you just need to give it more time. Maybe both. You can work through this.

• kree84
    kree84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 60 more. I weigh my food etc. Its been about 3 weeks. I don’t know if I should be eating more or what.
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Wow girl your calories seem extremely low. What is your current weight and your goal weight?
  • garyberkow1
    garyberkow1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Investigate your BMI and BMR there are calculators online. Try intermittent fasting. This may be difficult at first. But don't eat anything less than 4 hours before you go to bed. Try fasting for 12 hours to start. This can be increased all the way up to 16 hours. Also evaluate your diet. Increase your cardio to at least 60 minutes per day.
    Then there are benefits to having cheat days to trick your metabolism. Plan for them. Don't go crazy with a calorie overload and careful with unhealthy foods. Processed foods and foods high in trans fat. But an extra 500 to 700 calories to your diet 2 days a week can go a long way to increasing your metabolism.
    Increase your muscle mass. Muscle burns more calories even in rest. Start small and light. Daily. 20 minutes. Calesethitocs. Increase slowly over time.
    What you want is a change in lifestyle not a short diet.
    Good luck.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Could you try and do your treadmill walk a few times a day? Or maybe go outside once and treadmill the other time? Since outdoors has so many mental health benefits too.

20-30mins of waking (even brisk) probably isn’t making much of a relative dent to aid your weight loss although of course it’s beneficial in so many ways but if you could fit a little more exercise in then all the better.

That said, you’re already on a low calorie number so maybe you just need to be patient and wait it out? Is your weight blipping up and down? Maybe there’s a reason for you having some water retention?

Do you use a weight trend app like Happy Scale? This makes it easier to see a trend line and often times it feels like you’re making no progress but actually if you look at your trend line then you are.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    We lose weight eating in a calorie deficit. Where did you get 1250? With 60 lbs to lose 1250 sounds like a big deficit.

Sometimes it helps to redo all the numbers. Check all you math and all assumptions about how many calories you’re eating. Sometimes after losing a significant amount, we just get stuck for a bit. A month isn’t unusual. If you’ve just added exercise water retention may be involved. Newly stressed muscles retain water. Important thing is to keep trying. Goal weight is on the other side of this hurdle. Keep working until you find your past it.