Over 143 pounds lost! Goal Achieved!

IronAndrew
IronAndrew Posts: 16 Member
edited April 2023 in Success Stories
After many on again off again attempts dating back to 1997 in conjunction with daily strength training every single day since last my last great weight loss push on May 17th of 2022 and starting with 6 miles up to about 10 miles of walking at least 3-4 times a day plus taking up hiking and being more active and tracking everything on Myfitnesspal calorie wise I finally found the winning combination and lost the weight. It also helps I have a physical job where I walk quite often for long periods. I went from over 331 pounds back in May of 2022 to 187 pounds (186 briefly last week) although my goal was 188 pounds and I just want to stay under 191 or 199 at most. Prior to May I was busy with finals in college as I went back to school for a bit. I had actually lost even more weight going from around 370 to 331 back in December of 2021 so it's been an even longer journey and I'm currently adjusting to life at maintenance. I'm staying active so that's helping but my energy levels are a bit... off. I found I like staying active and I just have to do that without going into calorie burn mode all the time. No more 2-3 hour walks on my active days. Unless I want to of course. Included below are some pictures of me before and now. Some of the heavier pictures of me are on the older side from 2015 or about but as you might imagine I didn't like taking many pictures of myself back then. As for maintenance, I'm still taking it day by day. It's going well so far. Just wanted to share my success.

Also judging by those photos short hair is probably going to be my thing from here on out.

yj628q4v6dea.jpgzuc9spup3nzb.jpgm2ga8ng7m6pn.jpg
eybi06s042cv.jpg
eh4bul1h3on8.jpg

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Great loss! Congratulations.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 420 Member
    Awesome work man!
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 282 Member
    Congratulations! You should be proud of your accomplishment.
  • DFW_Tom
    DFW_Tom Posts: 218 Member
    IronAndrew wrote: »
    After many on again off again attempts dating back to 1997 ...... I finally found the winning combination and lost the weight.

Outstanding!
    Congratulations.

• LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Nicely done! You look great and healthy!
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Amazing.
    But also I love how happy and free you look now. Nice work changing your life!
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Amazing work!!! Congratulations!!!

I’m with you on the apples. They aren’t the first or tenth food I think of when I list stuff I like to eat, yet I’m always pleasantly surprised how good they are, and I always just plain feel good when I eat them.
  • IronAndrew
    IronAndrew Posts: 16 Member
    I was the same way at first always being more of a pear or grapes person previously. Still, it worked and I feel great so long as I don't have more than two. Usually.
  • gkingBRLA
    gkingBRLA Posts: 8 Member
    awesome job!
    Congratulations
  • poisonesse
    poisonesse Posts: 528 Member
    You look fantastic now! So happy for you! Maintenance can be as hard as losing the weight was, so keep up your great attitude, and you have GOT this!
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Inspirational. Congratulations!
  • brenn35
    brenn35 Posts: 33 Member
    wow, what a difference, I know you are happy, congrats!
  • john2125
    john2125 Posts: 3 Member
    Great job!!
  • JigsnReelz
    JigsnReelz Posts: 179 Member
    What a GREAT success! Just know that the whole "maintenance" thing can be considered an entire journey in itself. You get so tuned into weight loss mode, and achieving your goal, that once you're there it's hard to switch gears. Good luck moving into the path of eating healthy to sustain what you have done. You already know this, but you have to eat differently than you did when you weighed more, and you have to eat differently than when you were in weight loss mode. Find that sweet spot and slowly your energy will balance out. Keep going!
  • sandraws
    sandraws Posts: 22 Member
    Wow! What a transformation! You look healthy and happy. Maintenance is hard but after all of your hard work to lose weight, I can imagine you will remain motivated. All the best to you!
  • coffeeandtruecrime
    coffeeandtruecrime Posts: 20 Member
    Congrats!!
  • sandriver
    sandriver Posts: 7 Member
    Congrats!! :D
  • tristatriesagain
    tristatriesagain Posts: 22 Member
    Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!