Being accountable to myself

Options
13»

Replies

• MazLB
    MazLB Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Apr 20 - 11.9.4

Down .2 Considering the amazing funeral tea yesterday that is a bit of a miracle! Tea prepared by friends of the family, catering professionals. Their homemade Bakewell slice including home made jam was irresistible. Several times😜 In all the day was a good celebration of a life well lived.

Granddaughter day to day then taking little bro back to mine for the weekend. Gives him some company and he can help hubby in the garden.

Lots of golf for me. Playing for the league team tomorrow for the first time. Then playing Saturday and Sunday. Will plan to eat around 50% if the calories burned. If I can avoid the munchies it should be a good healthy weekend 🤞🤞🤞
  • MazLB
    Options
    Apr 21 - 11.10

Up .6. Basically bumbling along last month no loss but also no gain so that’s not so bad.

Our cat was run over and killed last night and the person that hit him just carried on. Only 18 months old but a lovely cat and hubby in particular will miss him. The cat used to follow him everywhere.

Golf today with food after ham / quiche salad so that should be ok.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Omg so sorry to hear about your cat that’s just awful!

Do you use a weight trend app like Happy Scale? It can be helpful for seeing a downward trend when you might otherwise not realise it’s there. Kind of reassuring and takes the blips out.
  • JCisthewaytruthlife
    JCisthewaytruthlife Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Maz! I like reading your daily journey! I should do the same, just in a journal.
    Can you explain to me the numbers you put next to the date?

Really sorry to hear about your cat! Losing a pet is always such a hard season but prematurely is awful! So sorry!
  • MazLB
    Options
    Apr 22 - 11.10

No change, all good given the amazing buffet put on by the golf club. Lots of different salad, cold meat, crusty bread with cheese and biscuits to finish. Impossible to count but reasonably healthy 👍
    My first time playing for the league team yesterday. The team won 4-1 and my partner and I also won. I played well and didn’t let my nerves get to me. 🎉😊😬 friendly social game today amongst some of the ladies section so will be a good day for excersize. I shall eat at the club when we finish so that i am eating within an hour of finishing and dont get home hungry eating random rubbish 🤞

Thank you Sara, he is going to be missed. I am a bit of a geek when it comes to data so I have a spreadsheet with graphs and trendlines going back to 30/12/20 (12/3/20 if your in US 😊) You are correct - trend this year is down at a reasonable pace. One of the biggest advantages for me of having this data is the insight it has given me into how my body reacts to certain meals, time of day I have eaten etc etc. I usually know before I get on the scales which way it’s going to go. Means I don’t get too downhearted on little blips. I know the ones I have caused with my tendency to self destruct on occasions, and the ones that are just body reacting. Some very good healthy meals will weigh heavy on you next day. In winter I love a slow cooked lean beef steak casserole with loads and loads of different root veg. Eaten at 6.30 at night, which is when I usually eat tea, will be up at least 2-3 pounds next day 🤷‍♀️

Thank you gbhf081315, glad you enjoy. Numbers are my weight in stones and pounds, I have tanita electonic scales so gives me the pounds to one decimal place. I know it doesn’t suit everyone to weigh ever day, but it works for me and I have found the undrrstanding it has given me into how my body reacts to food and excersize is really helpful
  • MazLB
    Options
    Apr 23 - 11.11

Up a pound. I understand why.

Today is a new day. I can’t change yesterday but I am in control of today. I just need to get a grip!

Going to have to cancel golf today as I have too much to do workwise 😢 If I have a good couple of hours this morning I might change my mind, but it won’t help me if I avoid it and put myself under too much pressure later this week

Onwards and upwards!
  • MazLB
    Options
    Apr 24 - 11.11.2

A not unexpected + .2

Had to work instead of pay golf yesterday and punished myself by eating biscuits 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Long day today started by oversleeping. In the office this morning. All afternoon meeting 25 miles away starting lunchtime, evening meeting following on finishing probably 8 - 8.30. Won’t get home till 10 - 10.30. No idea what or when I will be able to eat. 🤞a good cafe near where I am working does a lovely take away salad. Hoping to get that in in between meetings for tea, and something reasonable from local supermarket before first meeting

Tomorrow I have my B12 jab which I know will help my concentration and tiredness.
    Hopefully will also help me take the finger off the self destruct button. It is so daft, I know what I’m doing as I am doing it 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️😊😊😊😊

Hey ho - a new week a new start 👍👍👍👍😊😊😊

Hey ho - a new week, a new start 👍👍👍
  • MazLB
    Options
    Apr 25 - 11.11.8

+.8, given by the time I had supper it was almost this morning that’s ok

B12 jab today thank goodness. Early night tonight.
  • MazLB
    Options
    May 1st - 11.12.6

It was clear what I was doing was not working for me so I took a few days away to reset.
    I need to remind myself how far I have come and how well I CAN do this.
    So 30th December 2020 I stood on the scales 14 stone 13.6, heavier than I had ever been in my life. More unfit than i had ever been in my life. Started using the weightwatchers ap that I had got ages before. Roll forward 14 months to Feb 2022 and I weighed in at 10 stone 2 - 9 pounds off target. Down 4 stone 11.6. I CAN do this, I DO know how!
    Then self destruct set in (big question is why) Feb 2023 I am hitting the scales at 12 stone 6.6. Up 2 stone 4.6 in a year whilst actively (supposedly) trying to lose weight 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
    I have now got 2 healthstyle aps on my phone, this and Second Nature which i paid 6 montgs for. It was ok but you don’t measure anything and being a numbers freak I really didn’t take to it. It has some good articles, especially around emotional eating, so although membership is cancelled still dipping into them. I have stopped the rot and lost 8 pounds. So is an improvement! Weigh in today same weight as the day I decided to step away and reset. Good result given I had a birthday in the break 👍
    I was doing well till i got in reach of my next milestone (I use half a stone as a mini target) Then I went on self destruct again. That is my problem. I know what to do, how to do it, them my head gets in the way. Need to do some serious self analysis if what it is I am afraid of that puts me into self destruct mode. Once I get my head around the why I WILL be able to deal with it!
    Onwards and upwards we go 😊🤪
  • MazLB
    Options
    May 2 - 11.11.8

Lovely day yesterday, 18 holes of holf for the third day running in the sun 😊👍🏌️‍♀️Good exercise and good for nental health

Away in the office for a couple of days. Need to focus on what I need to do. No procrastination allowed!
  • LifeChangz
    LifeChangz Posts: 457 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    waves hello :)

regarding the ups/downs of this & that - i find sometimes when i try to white knuckle, gets harder and i'm more likely to crash & burn - i do better with whispering and encouragement... like whoopsie daisy - that didn't work. get up, dust off, go again! each eating event is a fresh start and not tied to the prior piles... and eventually, find myself back up on my feet and on a roll again.

you've been there before - you will be again - hang in & keep trying - hope to hear you're surfing the waves again! onward. forward... cheers :)