LESS Alcohol ~ APRIL 2023 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Thursday April 20 - AF - Really felt like having drinks, but I have another long day ahead on Friday. Glad to hit my 10, getting to 16 might be right down to the wire this month. Completely off of work on Saturday, planning on kicking back and maybe getting the carrots planted (if it doesn't snow lol). Likely going to have drinks tonight, Friday.
    Friday April 21 - Drinks - I was absolutely knackered when finishing work last night. It was so mice to kick back with a couple of drinks and watch hocky and then HGTV off of my PVR. I am going to try my best to stay AF for Saturday, which usually involves Prosecco in the afternoon. Big dark clouds as I write this but hoping that they pass this afternoon and that I can get out, till up and plant carrots and possibly even beets. Running out of days to hit my 16, I am aware of this. Having a new job with a learning curve will help me with that since I will want to be AF the nights before those 4 shifts.

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 21 days.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @joans1976

I wake up way too early too, I had the same second job for so many years that I used to do in the morning before my other job. Now that I have an evening job as my second I really need to learn to sleep later!

Your weekend sounds perfect!
    I really hope that you find a new job soon.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    I am Dawn, I live in South Eastern British Columbia.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018, a daily drinker at the time
    My primary goal with drinking less is weight loss.

My usual goal is 16-20 AF days for the month,
    I had 17AF days in March.

I do this diary style, I normally post the next morning.

Saturday April 22 - Drinks. I held out many times, but kind of caved at 6pm. Carrots and Beets are planted in a few places, I have to repair one of my other beds before I can plant the rest of them. Planned AF now until Friday.

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 22 days.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 487 Member
    It has been really lovely here and quite warm the last few days. My DH and I worked on the backyard yesterday for about 6 hrs. After the winter (and long rainy season this year) it looked pretty sad. We always have to do a major spring clean up but looks so nice when we are done - will definitely have another weekend of weeding to tackle. We washed my car and his truck out front, planted strawberries, put up my shade canopy over my small patio table, layered the mulch we made with another organic brand into one large raised bed, picked up some amendments that were on sale at Home Depot and ordered a storm door for my greenhouse. Then I was ready to call it quits! Had a mini Prosecco while cooking dinner followed by planned white wine for Saturday night. Planning AF until next weekend as we round the corner towards the end of the month. I might challenge myself to do more AF days in May and will give it more thought.

AF - 15
    A - 7
    Goals - 20-22 AF days total
    Limit - no more than 2 glasses on A day
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 487 Member
    @dawnbgethealthy - thank you so much for answering my question and sharing how you work hard to reap the fruits of your labor by harvesting and eating your plants from your garden! You have a ton of experience to offer. These are cool pics of the cute little onions too! This year I will bottle some tomatoes and also use your tip of incorporating herbs before roasting to prep them for Italian or Mexican dishes. I love beets too but the ones I grew last year were teeny, tiny. Might try again in fall.

@joans1976 wow your energy is coming back. It is so telling what a difference a year makes. Happy for you to feel so great!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,271 Member
    4/1 - A
    4/2- AF
    4/3 - AF
    4/4 - AF
    4/5 - AF
    4/6 - 4/7 - 4/8 - A
    4/9 - AF
    4/10 - AF
    4/11 - A
    4/12 - AF
    4/13 - 4/14- 4/15 - A
    4/16- AF
    4/17 - A
    4/18- AF
    4/19 - 4/20 - A
    4/21 - 4/22 - A
    4/23 - AF
    10 AF so far this month - not great - the extra alcohol is showing on my belly - ugh
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 522 Member
    @GaryM_25 Thank you! :)