New Here

Options
Hey everyone! I am just starting out with My Fitness Pal. I am already impressed with the site and enjoy putting in all of my foods. It really does help me stay on track and know how many calories I have left for the day. It hit me recently that I was slowly killing myself. I am only 30 yrs. old and I am already obese. I feel winded when going up stairs and lethargic all of the time. It's time that I change that and prevent myself from getting the health problems that my family has from being overweight. I can do this!

Replies

• angeln627
    Options
    I'm 40 and it just hit me. This site has really been an eye-opener for me too. Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey! You can do it!!
  • csmomma1
    Options
    Well, I am 30 and I have to say I love this site. It will help you out alot. If needed you can add me as a friend on here and we can support each other. I am all for giving support to others who are trying! YOU CAN DO IT!:happy:
  • MIMITIME
    MIMITIME Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing. I have dieted since I was 12 years old. I am now past 50 and by using this site, it is the first time in my life that I actually know what I am doing. It really doesn't feel like a diet - just a life style change. I follow to the tee and have had good results. I could not be happier. You are definitely at the right place. I still can't believe it is free!!!!!!!!!
  • otillie03103
    otillie03103 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. Just take it one day at a time, log in all your food intake and get moving and you should see some great results. I started using this site about 6 months ago and have been able to lose close to 49 pounds. Still have around 20-30 pounds to go, but I love it that I am heading in the right direction. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sschoolfield
    Options
    You can absolutely do this!! Glad to be your weight loss buddy. Talk to you soon.