Going full on INSANITY - who is with me?

Options
Hey everyone -

I've got my Insanity DVD's loaded and I'm ready to go. I'm doing the full program, diet and all. Anyone want to do this journey with me?

A little about me: I'm 32, female, married, 2 dogs. I've been on MFP just over 100 days and I'm really good about calories (usually) but I've only lost 7.5 pounds. My food choices are not good. I save my calories so I can have a sweet treat each day and I eat a lot of processed foods. I have a horrible sweet tooth.

I also think I'm nocturnal. I'm often up all night, can't seem to sleep even when I'm tired. But if I lie down to take a nap in the afternoon, I sleep quickly and really well. So my sleep pattern is non-existant at this point.

Here's my plan:
In bed by 11pm each night. I may lie there for a long time for a while, but eventually I'm hoping my body will learn.
Up at 7am. Again, hopefully structure will be helpful.
Insanity workout first thing in the morning before work. Follow the outlined program for 9 weeks.
Follow the Insanity meal program. 5 meals a day, picking from the items in the nutrition guide.

No matter how much or how little you want to structure your Insanity workout, please feel free to join the group. Whether you're starting on Monday like me or have already started, join in. I'm sure experienced people will be an asset to the group. I will likely "friend" anyone who joins since keeping up with community posts can be daunting after a while. It might be easier to support each other via our status updates, but we can see how it goes.

Here's to our INSANITY!!!

Replies

• tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!! I'm 31 and I just finished last week and it was an awesome program. You can add me if you want support! I'm doing P90x starting Monday :)
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've been debating on getting it but I think I'm going to pass due to lots of reviews about knee pain and bad rotations of exercises.
  • MrMVP2011
    Options
    I'd do this workout with you but I'm currently trying to finish the last 30 days of P90x. I plan to do Insanity after P90x. I hope it goes well!
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Started my first week on Monday. So frustrating how my muscular endurance has tanked over the last few months. Oh well, back on track! I didn't see any weight loss this week but I suspect that's water retention from my muscles being rocked! Good luck!
  • spartann
    Options
    This is great! I'm 20. I was on my 6th week on insanity when I fell off the wagon some 2 months ago. I also want to start again on Monday and I hope we will be able to motivate each other to stick with the program. My BIGGEST problem at the moment is my diet. I just cant seem to get myself to eat healthy as apparently I have a horrible sweet tooth. But I'm trying anyways...
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'm on week 3 right now but I can use some extra support & motivation.
  • elijackson
    Options
    Awesome! Glad to have some new friends on board. We're going to help each other stay on track!!!

Anyone else who wants to join, just post here. Feel free to send friend requests to anyone, too.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    I am starting on monday....OMG well I couldn't have Insanity in my house and NOT try it before Monday!!!! I just did Plyo Cardio Circuit....I am SPENT!!! That is BY FAR the HARDEST thing I have done!At one point I was on the floor gasping for air and sweat just rolling off me.♥ it!!! lol
  • paulagj
    paulagj Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this post....just got the INSANITY DVDs from my fiance. I did the Fit test yesterday & the plyo cardio DVD earlier. I would love to start this officially on Mon with you guys....I need the motivation.

@ Elijackson, I have issues with sleeping too. I'm until 2am for no reason & I also struggle with sweets. However, I tried a 'no-sugar' diet a few mths ago & this has helped somewhat. I now drink my tea & coffee w/o sugar. I try to avoid refined sugar in my meals. There some things like my Special K cereal that has processed sugar but not a whole lot per serving. I also don' buy juice as often. Trying to get into the habit of drinking more water.

Let's do this guys!! INSANITY!! : )
  • elijackson
    Options
    Woo hoo! Welcome to everyone!

I also don't drink juice anymore. I decided not to drink my calories because I just didn't have enough to go around. My one exception is the rare chocolate milkshake. However, I am going to give up my diet coke habit for this Insanity program and that is going to be "fun". I'm giving this thing 100% for 9 weeks. After that, we'll see :)
  • elijackson
    Options
    Anone else want to join in?
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    Ok Fit test done!!

switch Kicks... 49
    Power Jacks.... 42
    Power Knees...90
    Power Jumps... 31
    Globe Jumps...6
    Suicide Jumps...14
    Push-up Jacks...10
    Low Plank Oblique...35
    When I was doing my Push-up Jacks my right elbow had this twinge and funny feeling in it.It does not hurt just feels wierd.I did the best I could with everything and can't wait to see how much more I will be able to do on DAy 15!!!!
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    You will love Insanity! I am starting week 5 today! (max circuit!!! aaaaccccckkkkk) I can't do the program with you, but I would love to hear your comments on the program and I'm excited to see your results! Good luck! Add me as a friend if you want. :smile:
  • paulagj
    Options
    Did the fit test again since I'm starting officially today w/ u guys...I have a long road ahead of me : ( I did my best.

Switch kicks - 40
    Power Jacks - 50
    Power Knees - 60
    Power jumps - 33
    Globe jumps - 10
    Suicide Jumps - 10
    P/U Jacks - 18
    Plank Obliques - 30
  • marinah8
    Options
    Im on week 2, already lost 2.5 pounds. :-) great program. I also do kettlebells 3x a week. Feel free to add.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    INSANITY day 2 DONE!!!!! OMG I just KILLLLED Plyo Cardio!!!! Feeling GREAT!!
  • paulagj
    Options
    INSANITY! wK. 2 --- aarrrrrggghhhh --- I think I'm losing the motivation guys --- I forced myself to do Cardio power earlier : (
  • javalyd
    javalyd Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on week 6 now of Insanity. I have lost 9 pounds now!! I do say these videos are insane LOL!! Haven't sweated like that in a "minute"....Please feel free to add me n e one else who is doing Insanity, I still need motivation like if I was doing week one...
  • Dblackie
    Options
    Sweets, caffein and alcohol will all mess up your sleep. Try not to eat sweets after 3:00 p.m.
  • cansmith80
    Options
    I am on week two of insanity. It seems as if week 2 is much harder than week 1. Does anyone else feel this way??? Also, does anyone have any advice for ways to avoid sweets or lose a sweet tooth??? Its like I can't control myself. I have done well all day until this afternoon when I heavily indulged in candy corn :-(. I am thinking of trying Jackie Warner's plan in This is Why Your Fat?? Thoughts please!!!