What is your least favorite color?

Options
OpheliaCooter
OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
I saw this on fb and was surprised at some of the choices. I’m just putting the basic colors for the poll but feel free to be specific in the comments.

What is your least favorite color? 12 votes

Blue
0%
Green
0%
Yellow
33%
ReginasHorroramorfati601070lrw327OpheliaCooter 4 votes
Orange
25%
glassyoythannahR3d_butt3rfly_ 3 votes
Red
8%
___Tams___ 1 vote
Purple
0%
Brown
25%
PeachesnstuffFight_Lift_RepeatRollerCoaster_Joe 3 votes
Black
0%
White
0%
Pink
8%
TwitchyMagee 1 vote

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    Options
    Yellow
    Specifically mustard yellow and pea green. They don’t look good on me and I don’t like to look at these colors on walls or furniture.
    Hot pink and probably all the “hot” colors are a no. Some in between colors like salmon.
  • ___Soundwave___
    ___Soundwave___ Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I like all of those...but am not the biggest fan of burgundy and magenta.
  • ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yellow
    As an artist it is yellow. Yellow is so hard to work with. It is very difficult to look right. And it's overall just ugly in most pictures. I only use it to create an unsettling environment.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Yellow - not butter yellow - but ocher. Whenever I wear any shade of yellow, people ask me if I am feeling ill.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Orange
    Orange. While yellow isn't particularly flattering either, orange is worse. The SO's kitchen is painted flaming orange and it makes me cringe.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    Yellow
    The overwhelming consensus on the fb post was yellow, followed by brown. Now, I do love a pastel yellow and prints like sunflowers. But solid yellow outside of very light, I don’t prefer.

I was surprised at a few comments that said they didn’t like mint green or pastel green which are favorites of mine.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    Yellow
    As an artist it is yellow. Yellow is so hard to work with. It is very difficult to look right. And it's overall just ugly in most pictures. I only use it to create an unsettling environment.

I get this but with eyeshadow.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Brown
    Brown. I own nothing brown.

I'm surprised so many people picked yellow, it's such a happy color.

If we're talking about the standard crayola colors, I'm sticking with brown. There are way too many variations of colors out there. Brown is the answer. B R O W N
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Pink
    I think I like every color in the right context. Yellow for sunshine and mustard and butter. Red for lipstick & blood. Orange for a bonfire. Brown for pudding & people. Oh and green for peridot!

If I really have to choose I guess pink is my least favorite because there are so many ways it can go wrong but then again there are so many ways it can go right

eta: it also makes me think of the book The Giver where the people can’t see color because somewhere in their history they voluntarily gave it up along with a bunch of other things in order to eliminate strife and disagreements