Heart Attack and Weight Gain

Options
Hi all! I had a Spontaneous Coronary Artery Dissection (SCAD) that led to a heart attack in October 2022 and gained about 13 lbs since. I was 35 at the time (happy birthday to me this week!) This kind of heart disease is fairly uncommon and most of the time completely unrelated to any other heath markers. Thank goodness I had worked in facilities which required AED/first aid/CPR training so I knew something was really wrong and got my butt to the hospital.

I had spent years losing over 70 lbs and building muscle, and it was such a smack in the face to have to slow down.

I just got clearance a few weeks ago to start moving more in the ways I did before. It is only 13 lbs but for some reason it feels really challenging this time.

I just wanted to connect with other folks who are going through post health related weight gain and are taking that “left when they thought they’d take a right” in their health.

Thanks!

Replies

• abigailrschwartz
    abigailrschwartz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! It’s really so fortunate that you and I have had interventions to stay on this planet! My loved ones remind me on my tough days how easily it could have gone worse (they, of course, validate my frustration and sadness too!)

We can do it! It’s not what we expected, but it’s a detour.
  • californiagirl1969
    californiagirl1969 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3:)