flat stomach help

Options
Ok, so I live in Australia, and swimsuit season is coming soon. I am within the "healthy" weight range at 53 kg at 161 cm tall. However, my thighs have a lot of cellulite and my stomach sticks out as if im pregnant =__=

in your opinion, what how much weight would I need to lose to get rid of all the flab? :(

PS: I am asian so I think my bone structure would be considered "small"

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    bump
  • persistenttiger
    persistenttiger Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How much muscle do you have on your frame? That makes a difference too. I weight train regularly and have quite muscular legs and core, however at 51.6kg (I'm 160cm tall), there is still a layer of fat over my abs (they are only just starting to be visible). Cellulite has gone down a lot (maybe the muscle is pushing against it a bit?). You probably need to lose a couple of kilos, but it depends on how much FAT vs MUSCLE you have on your frame and how much fat it is that you lose (because you lose muscle as well as fat when you diet). http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages
  • smileteddy
    smileteddy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    oh hmm...in that case, I probably do not have a lot of muscle at my core, but my legs are fairly muscular due to the fact I cycle a lot. It is quite difficult to maintain muscle while losing fat ><
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    oh hmm...in that case, I probably do not have a lot of muscle at my core, but my legs are fairly muscular due to the fact I cycle a lot. It is quite difficult to maintain muscle while losing fat ><

It shouldn't be honey if you are doing it correctly.

Cycling doesn't build muscle in the same way as bodybuilding (weights), that is your answer. I'm starting to feel a bot like a broken record lol!
    If you want to know more I have a blog on the subject. Good luck!

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    my stomach sticks out as if im pregnant =__=

So did mine for 15 years after my last little bundle of joy popped out. The I started pilates, nothing too complicated, but getting into the habit of engaging those muscles has made a huge difference. It took about a month to see results. Its the very slow, small but controlled movements that do it. There are some good vids up on youtube. Reverse sit ups are good for me. BTW - really helps your pelvic floor too, which has its own benefits :wink:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    How much muscle do you have on your frame? That makes a difference too. I weight train regularly and have quite muscular legs and core, however at 51.6kg (I'm 160cm tall), there is still a layer of fat over my abs (they are only just starting to be visible). Cellulite has gone down a lot (maybe the muscle is pushing against it a bit?). You probably need to lose a couple of kilos, but it depends on how much FAT vs MUSCLE you have on your frame and how much fat it is that you lose (because you lose muscle as well as fat when you diet). http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

Agree to that. You should check your body fat percentage. Chances are you're BMI may be normal but your BF% is high. If you only do cardio, chances are you're burning both fat & muscle resulting in a skinny-fat body. Muscle burns calories on itself & gives you that toned look. There are actually many people including some Hollywood actresses who appear very slim but have layers of belly fat.

Asians doesn't necesarily mean having small frame. I read that typical asians have less bone density & therefore has higher body fat percentage than other races. I'm part-asian but I got medium frame with an athletic body build & kinda muscular but my body fat percentage is a bit close to 25% which is classified under high normal :o(
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    my stomach is getting quite flat and im working towards abs, ive seen the most results when running on the treadmill, doing taekwondo, weights and my own version of a plank where you lay on your tummy and keep your legs and arms off the ground for 3-5 minutes and i sometimes do twists during for lovehandles.