Is cleansing safe? If so which ones.

Options
I was wondering if anyone here has done a cleanse that has worked. I've been trying to start this losing weight thing and just haven't gotten the hang of it just yet but want to start fresh. I want to do the cleanse cause i really want to clean my body from the inside and have a fresh start. Iam not doing it to lose weight cause i know it takes hard work and dedication to lose and not looking for short cuts. TIA

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys do a great job of cleansing every day! Drink sufficient water and that's all you need!

If you feel you need a great cleanser for the outside, I'm a fan of Simple Green.

:flowerforyou:
  • Greenwellj
    Options
    I believe cleansing is really important. When you cleanse the toxins then your body will release the fat cells. It is the missing link in weight loss.
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    To give you the short answer: no. I was told by a biology professor whom I asked about this myself that "cleansing" is totally unnecessary (your body already cleanses itself just fine, that's what your liver is for) and it can also cause your spleen to contract and possibly even rupture, which is life-threatening, and so should only be done under the close supervision of a doctor. He told me that a doctor might do something like a "cleanse" for the purposes of eliminating stones in the spleen. Not "toxins" or whatever other nonsense the "cleansing" folks propose needs "cleaning". Don't do it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Lever 2000 or Ivory
  • MonaIsaak
    Options
    LMAO Thanks.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Comet or Ajax
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    If yer really hard core, then Borax
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    If you're considering a cleanse then I would recommend seeing a naturopathic doctor for a proper system. Most of the ones in stores aren't that healthy for you. The one I went on cleared up a rare form of debilitating arthritis. I got it at the naturopaths office but could have also got the same one from my regular Dr. Wasn't expensive but took a 3 month commitment of eating clean and taking Selectra 3 x a day between meals. Worth it tho. Was able to go of all the prescriptions for the pain and inflammation and hasn't come back:)
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    I wouldn't call this a cleanse. But I think it would make a big difference to you! You have to watch something! It's a documentary that's become extremely popular and it focuses all on nutrition. Nothing harmful. It's called 'Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead'. It has changed my whole way of thinking about food.
    After you watch it, you decide what you think you can do. It's really amazing and inspiring. And HEALTHY! It's not a cleanse but it does the same thing.
    So, I watched the documentary first on Netflix Instant Play. But it can be bought through ON DEMAND through your cable provider, or Amazon on demand. It is so worth it. I loved it so much and found it so inspiring that I had to buy the DVD. Now, I would give you the website, but I really think you should watch it first so it all makes sense.
    For a documentary, it's extremely entertaining! The main guy is an Aussie with a great accent. After he does his thing, he ends up pretty hot (at least I think so).
    Please watch it! Pretty Please! I would really like to hear back from you what you thought. It's amazing because I've got my family to watch it and they all have made some sort of change.
    There's no gimick. Nothing to buy! It's learning something that you realize seems so simple. It's like a light bulb went on in my head. And I've struggled with weight my whole life. I still have a long way to go, but I have hope now. And hope makes all the difference! Good luck. Again.. please let me know what you think! :)