Question about maintenance

Options
Hi

Is there a tool on this site to help you figure out how many cals you should eat for maintenance
I've lost 13 pounds so far and have another 8 to go...(initial goal is only 2 pounds away...but I'm throwing in a few more)

I'm already concerned about maint.
The one thing i don't want to do (I'm sure none of us do) is to go up/down.....if your daily routine, amount of excer. changes....can u ever really maintain the same weight if it isn't really a natural thing for your body?

Thanks, kim

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Is there a tool on this site to help you figure out how many cals you should eat for maintenance
    I've lost 13 pounds so far and have another 8 to go...(initial goal is only 2 pounds away...but I'm throwing in a few more)

I'm already concerned about maint.
    The one thing i don't want to do (I'm sure none of us do) is to go up/down.....if your daily routine, amount of excer. changes....can u ever really maintain the same weight if it isn't really a natural thing for your body?

Thanks, kim
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Well, to get an idea of how many calories you are going to need to maintain your weight, you would need to add in 500 calories, if you are losing 1 lb/week according to the settings that you entered when you first started this site. That's without exercise. If you workout, then you would eat those cals, too, just like now. My sister lost a bunch of weight (about 60lbs) and she said that it is much easier to maintain than it is to lose. Don't fret too much. You're on top of things and you are gonna do just fine! :flowerforyou:
  • sundaygirl85
    Options
    On MFP you can just adjust your goals to maintain ('maintain' is in the drop-down menu along with 'lose 1lb a week' etc) like at the beginning and it will give you a pretty accurate figure for cals (from my experience).

I've just moved on to maintaining after losing 15 lbs and it really is not too hard so long as you bear in mind all you've learnt whilst losing eg. about smaller portions etc and don't just go back to eating how you were before. I'm still logging on here so I can keep track of how much I'm eating.

Good luck with it!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone

I'm not too computer savy :)

Kim