30 DS calories

Options
I just completed D6 L1 of 30DS. On D1 my HRM said I burned 224 and today it said 181. Um... Is this because my body is adapting to 30DS or do u think it's because I'm doing something wrong? Help! I want my damn bread but gotta earn it!!!!

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    yes, it's probably cause your adapting to it. It's doesn't work out your body as hard. Once you hit level 2 it will spike things back up :))
  • lucyhoneychurch
    lucyhoneychurch Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have also read that hrms are not going to be the most reliable for HIIT like the JM workouts because there are many moments of pause/rest, you're switching from cardio to strength training, and that doesn't get the best readings. Still, as I've seen around mfp, the hrm is the closest thing you can use in terms of accuracy. I'm still learning how to use mine, so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure others that are more experienced will have better input.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I would think that on day 2 you were probably a little tired and not quite jumping as high etc and therefore burning slightly less. . At least I don't think I was!
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I noticed that my calories burned from day 1 to now has been slowing declining from 230 to 175. I think I'm adapting to level 1. It sounds like it'll spike up again when I hit level 2...yikes!!!
  • anonoymous1
    anonoymous1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finished D9L1. Hope to see results soon.
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just completed D6 L1 of 30DS. On D1 my HRM said I burned 224 and today it said 181. Um... Is this because my body is adapting to 30DS or do u think it's because I'm doing something wrong? Help! I want my damn bread but gotta earn it!!!!

I just tried level 2 last night just see what my HRM would say...it was 176 with moderate effort as I was still learning the new workout! I'm wondering what your HRM read :)
  • JaenaM
    JaenaM Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My HRM has fluctuated... Yesterday it said 211 for a L2 workout. At one point in L1 it went down to 181 then back up closer to 200. I started pushing harder by end of L1 and of course L2 is such a ripper that my HR has gone back up. On average, I burn about 200 on 30DS then I go hit the gym for 30 mins or so of cardio (won't get off the machine until I've burned at least 300 cals). Then I eat those calories back! I need more calories to feel satisfied and like I get a good variety so that I don't binge eat. As long as my net is between 1200-1350 I'm happy with myself. I exercise to eat!