18lbs down...but still more to go...

Options
I weighed in today and was amazed at the number on the scale, it read 214.6..... I looked so excited this morning because I have reached the teens. I started my journey at 232lbs and I was so depressed at the size I was. I had reached a place where I was blind to how big I was. Until my mom took a picture of me and I saw my actual size. I spent a lot of time crying but that picture was the one that moved enough to change. I still have a lot to go, 94 lbs to go to reach my ultimate goal. But I'm not concentrating on the ultimate just the small steps. My first goal is to reach 195 lbs. Once I reach that goal, I will set the next small goal. I'm not thinking of over loading my brain with my ultimate goal. I used to do that, look at how close I am to the ultimate goal and seeing how long it is taking me to reach it...ultimately failing due to frustration. But this time my goals are small and there is no time frame to reach it. So I won't concentrate on the time frame and do anything to reach it....I do have a time frame...just a goal.

I'm new here, I've only been here since Tuesday and the calorie tracker has already made me feel more in control of my impulse to eat mindlessly because I have to log it in and I can see what I eat and how many calories I have left. Most time I will pause and ask myself "is it worth it??" and I put it down and walk away. So I definitely plan to stay around to reach every small goal to succeed in my ultimate goal. ^_^

Replies

• mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    congrats hunny! I have so been in your shoes and I completely understand...you should feel so proud and excited your in a good place..feel free to add me if you like some support /motivation :-) one day at a time, healthy food choices, portion control,drink your water, watch your sodium intake and stay postive!!!!!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • Runner_mick
    Runner_mick Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    way to go! keep going... its a slow process but so worth it when you reach your goals. You are smart about taking it one goal at a time. Congrats on your progress so far!
  • Debi_Dreamer
    Options
    Thank you guys. :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!