WHY DON'T BIGGER PEOPLE GET CUTE CLOTHES?!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think what bugs me most about plus sized clothing is the shirts. Why are they all cap sleeved or sleeveless? I'm sensitive about my arms. I want them covered! Finding a wedding dress was fun. LOL

Sometimes I can find stuff at Avenue, but they run small. I always feel bad leaving there because I find something I like, and have to buy a size up. That's just cruel...LOL

I did find this place...which turned out to have several different places rolled into one...and they have a petite/tall section!
    http://www.onestopplus.com

Good luck!!! :wink:
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    I can fit Urban outfitters, H&M, Forever 21, Delias, Top shop and American eagle clothes but when you compare the large /extra large to the small/extra small the bigger the clothes are the uglier and cheaper it looks. I hate that :(
  • javablondie
    javablondie Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ..if anyone needs an honest opinion on how them jeans make your butt look, I'm here to help! :happy:

Love this :)
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    find anywhere that sells the MXM line of clothing... reitmans, penningtons, and addition-elle are three that used to carry it here... check online

http://www.1-plus.com/mxm-dresses-_stcVVcatId487103VVviewcat.htm

i've gotten all sorts of cute stuff from them, at ridiculous clearance prices during boxing week and throughout the year.

I love love LOVE AE for their bras... I don't think I'll buy one anywhere else ever again... so I guess I'm hoping my "girls" don't shrink too much in this process, else I'm going to have to find a different bra shop!

i just bought a pile at penningtons... uber cute, yet sensible :D haven't tried AE. i've never had much luck in other departments there, so, i go to penningtons... that, and i work about 300 feet from one :D
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you feel frustrated. However, there are a lot of stores out there that cater to curvalicious women (Torrid, Dots, Lane Bryant, Old Navy). I don't think it is fair that stores cater to small people either, but I have to shop in certain stores, too. I am tall and got a booty like "what". Do you know how many jean companies assume people do not have a butt or hips???
    Good luck on finding and buying some sexy clothes. You will need your confidence to give you strength to succeed in this weight loss journey.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I got a booty like WHOA girl and hips out this world and a small waist (compared to hips) and I'm tall. I know what you mean! Does Old Navy have tall/long jeans? I might go there tomorrow. Thanks!
    Old Navy sells most of it's plus size online only now. I forget how high they go up in stores, maybe a 16? Haven't been in forever.

The key I have found is to watch for sales and then stock up. I like Lane Bryant bras so I wait for their BOGO sales and stock up. I will usually have coupons or real woman dollars to use so I get decent bras really cheaply.

Ashley Stewart is more trendy wear but sells really nice linen separates in the summer. The larger you are the sooner you need to hit the stores when they put stuff out, but they also send coupons if you sign up on their mailing list. In fact pretty much all of the stores send coupons if you are on the mailing list.

I only buy accessories and flip flops from DOTS because the cheap quality of their clothing isn't worth the inexpensive price of their clothing.

Ulla Popken and Silohuettes are good for shoes, slips and evening wear. I can also get nice work attire from them.

Catherines sucks online IMO, but I live near a flagship brick and mortar store that gets really nice clothing.

Lane Bryant pants never work for me because I am short. They may work for tall gals.
    I can fit their dresses and the quality is pretty constant both online and in store. I once caught an online sale and got a dress for a captain's ball on a cruise for $6.

Onestopshop, Avenue , Fashion Bug work for me for casual wear. When ordering online I find it helpful to read the reviews before ordering since some of their sizing seems a bit inconsistent. Some things run big on me, some run same and others fit perfect.

Torrid was the only place I could locate boots to fit my large calves and I looked high and dry for a looooong time.

Welovecolors.com has a great selection of plus sized tights in a variety of colors.

Two things I do when ordering online is 1)google storename+coupon code. 2)Shop thru ebates or mypoints whenever possible. Shopping thru mypoints I got a free $50 Lane Bryant giftcard. I then used a coupons code and ended up paying $4 for a $70 dress. Every time I wear it I get compliments.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someplace, but I hope this helps.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI Old Navy's plus sizes are only online, not in the stores, they might have the occasional XXL but thats it. Go to fashion bug I'm telling you, especially if you're looking for jeans, its denim month, and all jeans are 15$ off
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump
  • snewsome7
    snewsome7 Posts: 189
    Options
    Where do you shop?! Seriously, you may not be able to find EVERY style that skinny sizes have, but there's a damn good selection if you do a bit of searching. Bah!

Sorry, I guess I'm a bit grumpy. Plus, I a little bit feel like girls who complain about this are implying my plus size clothes make me look like some sort of clown. Which is untrue, because I know how to put things together creatively, and look for a sale like it's my job.

I guess I should have been more clear. Last night I was looking at jeans online and I went to pick a wash and 4 out of 5 went away when I clicked my size. That's what started my venting. I have not always been a plus size gal, so no, I don't know all the places to find cute things. I have never been a big shopper but I am now and want to be cute. I don't want to buy three pairs of the same wash of jeans and people think I don't have another pair of pants... I don't know if that helped any, but I was in Noooooooo way implying that bigger people can't dress cute!! Sorry if I offended you.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Romans and Jessica London sell nice plus size clothes.
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Australia has City Chic - gorgeous stuff - but I think I may have just bought my last dress from there - yipeee!

I often do contemplate - if plus size clothing wasn't so easily accessible or cute, would I have tried to lose weight sooner? would I never have gotten this way in the first place?