What's your breakfast of choice ?.

Options
Everyday I have the same breakfast but slightly varied. Soya sugar free yoghurt, a fruit and a table spoon of peanut butter. Today I chose a banana with chia seeds sprinkled on top !

Replies

• Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    For decades: 40 gr of oatmeal, 200cl of milk, 20gr of raisins, 2 sweeteners, a dash of cinnamon and a sprinkling of ground ginger. 2 minutes in the microwave and it’s ready. The only thing that has changed over the years is that I went from cow’s milk to soy.
    I eat it boiling hot in winter and I let it cool down in summer.
  • mrsbrown322
    mrsbrown322 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Last few days: Super Eggy Tofu with Sweet potato and sometimes spinach and mushrooms, today Porridge with sugarfree protein, seeds, apple and cinnamon
    Weekends: Souerdough with mashed avocado and a good sprinkle of Tajin
    Naughty weekends: Souerdough with vegan butter and marmalede yummm
    Summer: Overnight oats with chia seeds and walnuts, soya yogurt, and berries yummm.. now that you reminded me of this one, I might do it tomorrow :)

I usually have 1 ounce oats, one ounce of seeds/nuts, one ounce of protein, 4oz tofu 4oz sweet potato (not altogether!! when I prepare each bfast)
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with protein powder and coffee in it.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Pancakes
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,246 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I have cereal and milk. Sometimes oatmeal. It's simple and quick to do incase of a busy day at work.

Weekends I am changing up. Normally I don't eat breakfast (run errands in the morning) but I am going to start making a nice brunch. Not sure what it will be yet because I plan to allow the Farmer's Market to guide my way.
  • amandafroiland
    amandafroiland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today I felt lazy but didn't want to skip a meal all together so I opened a 15 oz can of mandarin oranges and to my surprise it was a refreshing sweet treat and only 350 cal for a WHOLE large can! Definitely keeping in mind for the next time I get a sweet tooth.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,165 Member
    Options
    If morning rowing, peanut butter on Ezekiel pita, kefir, hot skim milk with vanilla extract in it. (I'm miserable if I work out fasted, and eating before exercise doesn't give me digestive issues.)

If no morning rowing, hot rolled oats with frozen/thawed mixed berries, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, walnuts, hemp hearts, milled flax seed, blackstrap molasses, peanut butter powder, cinnamon. On the side, cold matcha with a citrus wedge, coffee with hot frothed skim milk. Sometimes 2 of the coffee.
  • Mischante
    Mischante Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My favorite is an egg white omelette with sauteed mushrooms, onion, spinach and diced ham. I also sprinkle some fat free cheese in the middle. It's amazing!
  • melissaaridgeway
    melissaaridgeway Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Coffee with a little bit of sugar-free vanilla creamer. 35 calories. I don't have to eat in the morning...I guess I would be a good candidate for IF.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,921 Member
    Options
    Today breakfast was a veg frittata and some left over bluefin tuna, a balkan full fat yogurt with blueberries and local raw honey.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I am not really a breakfast person on weekdays. I sleep as late as I can and get ready to go to work. LOL> Ideally I'll have a protein supplement shake, or like a couple hard boiled eggs....And then eat a substantial lunch and dinner. I typically eat two meals a day.

On a weekend...my go-to breakfast is: cut up a piece of thick cut bacon and fry it up, throw in some cubed potato (regular or sweet), some veg if I have it (typically baby spinach, onion, or bell pepper), 2-3 eggs depending on how hungry I am/what I'm doing that day, some shredded cheese, hot sauce, ketchup, and maybe some little tomatoes and/or 1/2 an avocado on top. It's a large breakfast. I'm full after....but I don't get hungry for my next meal until like 3-4pm. Then I eat my second meal, roughly the same size/amount of calories.

I adjust/add snacks based on my activity for the day.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I almost always have a half cup of instant oats, cup of berries (frozen in winter), ounce of nuts (wallnuts, pecans, pepitas), and 2oz non-fat greek yogurt on top. I spice it up with cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cardamom.

In the winter, I microwave it with frozen berries. Once it gets hot outside and fresh berries start to be available (particularly good strawberries), I use fresh berries and eat it cold. Fresh berry season is starting!

I like savory oats, too: Make hot instant (or old fashioned) oats with milk and curry powder. Sprinkle an oz of sharp cheddar on top. Add 1-2 easy-over fried eggs on top. Mmmm...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    For ages:
    40gr oats
    88gr skyr
    8gr raisins
    and whatever fruit I have
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and frozen (thawed) berries. I mix up the powder flavor and type of berry to keep it interesting. Lemon powder and raspberries is a favorite.
  • Rehand4549
    Rehand4549 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    At work I have 2 hard-boiled eggs, a low fat cheese stick, a cup of berries or a banana, 2 slices Sara Lee Delightful multigrain bread toasted with Good Good strawberry jam, and a cup of Greek yogurt. Plus coffee of course.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    🍽️ Liver and onions .. at least 2x Per week.. 😋
  • Mamajune78
    Mamajune78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One toast w 1 Tbsp natural PB, 1/2 cup 2% yogurt with strawberries and blueberries on top w a sprinkle of Cinnamon ⭐️
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    Honestly, before noon? Coffee with cream and water.
  • laurosaurusrex
    laurosaurusrex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I usually start my day with a smoothie to get in as much fiber as I can - almond milk, spinach, protein powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, creatine and peanut butter.
  • lbreynolds5586
    lbreynolds5586 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 farm fresh from the nest eggs with a slice of toasted sprouted grain bread.
    And coffee