Heavenly Hawaiian Breakfast Smoothie

Options
This was yummy!
I like doing smoothies with a homemade granola bar for breakfast on days I know I'll be getting a lot of morning exercise. Enjoy. :flowerforyou:

Makes 2 smoothies
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/2 tbsp honey
1 cup slices banana
3/4 cup raspberries
1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt

Place the juice, honey, banana, pineapple, raspberries, and yogurt in a blender. Mix on low speed until the mixture in blended. Continue mixing, gradually increasing the speed, until the mixture is smooth.

1 glass, (1/2 of prepared smoothie)
Calories: 303
Calories from fat: 23
Total fat: 3g
Carbs: 67g
Protein: 8g
Fiber: 6g
Calcium: 246mg
Iron: 1mg
Potassium: 851 mg
Beta Carotene: 66mcg
Magnesium: 73mg
Folic Acid: 69mcg

Replies

• FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    This was yummy!
    I like doing smoothies with a homemade granola bar for breakfast on days I know I'll be getting a lot of morning exercise. Enjoy. :flowerforyou:

Makes 2 smoothies
    3/4 cup pineapple juice
    1/2 tbsp honey
    1 cup slices banana
    3/4 cup raspberries
    1 cup vanilla lowfat yogurt

Place the juice, honey, banana, pineapple, raspberries, and yogurt in a blender. Mix on low speed until the mixture in blended. Continue mixing, gradually increasing the speed, until the mixture is smooth.

1 glass, (1/2 of prepared smoothie)
    Calories: 303
    Calories from fat: 23
    Total fat: 3g
    Carbs: 67g
    Protein: 8g
    Fiber: 6g
    Calcium: 246mg
    Iron: 1mg
    Potassium: 851 mg
    Beta Carotene: 66mcg
    Magnesium: 73mg
    Folic Acid: 69mcg
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    sounds good :tongue:

do you know the sugar content of it?
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    do you know the sugar content of it?

Ah, no. The recipe book doesn't mention the sugar content, but maybe it depends too much on what type of yogurt you buy.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh.... I don't like smoothies traditionally.... but I am curious!
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    How do you make homemade Granola bars???
  • highlighters
    Options
    This looks really good!
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    How do you make homemade Granola bars???

I always have granola on hand at home, so here's how I make my granola bars:

2 cups your favorite granola
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    2 tbsp honey

- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, grease an 8x8" baking pan.
    - In a bowl, mix together both eggs, syrup, and honey. Add granola.
    - Stir granola mixture until thoroughly wet, then spread the mixture evenly in the pre-greased pan.
    - Bake at 375 for 15-20 min, remove from pan while still warm and cut into 12 granola bars.

-Note: you can also make them without the syrup or honey, and add the sweetness at the end by spreading a thin layer of peanut butter on them, or topping with a couple chocolate chips, or sprinkle with some splenda.

This nutritional information is if you include honey and syrup.
    Nutritional Information:
    Serving Size- 1 granola bar (1/12 of prepared granola)
    Calories 132.9
    Total Fat 5.5 g
    Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
    Protein 3.0 g
  • highlighters
    Options
    this looks great, too, lol. where do you get your granola? I am allergic to nuts (both peanuts and tree nuts) and I have trouble finding it in the regular store without nuts. I used to go to the bulk store that had it but they've closed down. I'm going to look for it again just to try this recipe! thanks for posting it.
  • shariweber
    Options
    how do you store them?
  • FitnessGeek
    Options
    how do you store them?

I wrap them individually in plastic wrap and put them in my fruit bowl so that I remember to grab both when I head out the door

...but then again...maybe with eggs they should be in the fridge. Oh, well, hasn't killed me yet!
    this looks great, too, lol. where do you get your granola?

I buy in bulk at the Cub Foods store. It's rolled-oat based with honey and cinnamon. I pretty much just compared all the granola in the store trying to find the lowest calorie one. They hide this one in their 'health food' section bulk bin.
    I really do feel like large grocery chains hide the healthy food, but that is a whole other topic of discussion!