what are the most accurate scales ?

Options
I have two sets of scales and one is argos value and other other salter sort of cheap one to but the argos value puts a stone on me! and the other one moves about while your on it. They are both mechanical. I read up on some digital and the reviews where all the same none seem accurate? I know which one is closer as the doc weighed me on their scales and trust them more than my own but they dodgy. want digital ones just accurate ones.

Replies

• capricorn1960
    Options
    Hiya I hope some one can answer your question - I have got digital scales and no matter what I do it appear to weigh the same - when it is obvious that I must have lost a few pounds. I have decided not to weigh myself now until the end of the month and see if my scales make a difference if they dont - it will be thown in the bin. :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We have a Weight Watchers brand digital scale. It is very close to the dr's office, and I like it.
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We recently bought a newer health o meter one to replace the old. I saw inaccuracies ranging from 260 to 285. just weighting myself in exactly the same place. I checked it against my older one. As of the other night it said i was 280 still, but here is the funny part.

I started this endeavour a 46-48 inch waist. The other day I posted a success story saying I was down to a 44 inch waist. Now it is without a doubt a 42.. 2-3 pant sizes down and it STILL says I am 280??

My fiancee says Im losing, the blue jean shorts did not grow in size (usually they shrink in the wash the first few times.. They started off a little snug and now they are falling off the hips.. So I know i am losing...

We still are going to try changing to a dial type scale. It is so disheartening when the scale says you are as fat as always and the rest of the world says you are dropping weight like a stone.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have a Health-0-meter, digital. Tracks your progress for up to 4 people. Also, shows BMI, Body Fat and water content. (You have to weigh barefoot for those functions to work), Had mine about 7 years, never any trouble. Very accurate. I looked on line and they run around $50 now. (Sure I paid much more as it was 'new technology' when I bought it)

Another thread on this just recently. May want to check it out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/348457-the-best-scale
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have a Tanita digital scale - I think it is pretty accurate if you weigh yourself naked, because when I was in bootcamp (ooohh that sounded like American Pie LOL) , the scale at the gym was the same # WITH my clothes on. Now the doctor's office is another story....
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    We have a Weight Watchers brand digital scale. It is very close to the dr's office, and I like it.

I agree.
  • ambercholtz
    ambercholtz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yes Weight Watchers scales are supposed to be one of the most accurate. I have also heard of yet another Brand Scale but I cannot remember the name of it. My scale is weight watchers and very close to the doctors office scale.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    just swapped to a fancy new set of scales - the Withings wifi scales - day after I bought them, I had my monthly appointment at the doctors weight clinic. Took the scales with me, and got weighed on the doctors calibrated jobs, then side by side, on the withings ones. Exactly same reading. Took the scales home, and tried them in half a dozen different locations - on tiled floor in shower room, wooden floors in the workshop, laminate flooring in the kitchen, and different levels of plushness of carpet in other rooms. Every reading was within 0.3 lb of the other. So, they're accurate, tolerant of location, and they look quite cool. On the downside, they're fiendishly expensive, and if you haven't got the house plumbed for WiFi networking, you're wasting a lot of their abilities. If you have, however, the scales will automatically log the weight of up to 8 people, storing and graphing your weight loss progress, and sending the data direct to your iPhone/Android Phone. It'll also integrate with a number of training applications - Endomondo / Runnkeeper / Trainingpeaks / Sportstracks - if that's your kind of thing - it'd be great if MFP would build in a data harvester routing for withings of course, but I doubt that they'll bother doing this - trying to connect with the world outside MFP seems to be an ailen concept to "Da Management"
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anybody use the wii to weigh yourself?
  • anneke123456
    Options
    I see a lot think weight watchers, I did read in reviews in argos cat that wasnt accurate either. humm. I dont want to spend loads on another crap set of scales. you can get docs ones here for £25 but I worry they arnt even accurate and some cheap imitation.