Cold meal prep

Options
Cj833
Cj833 Posts: 10 Member
I work for a cleaning company and most days we take our lunches on the go, in van or stopped somewhere like a park. We don’t have time to go to the office as we go all around town. I have a hard time packing lunches that are healthy and easy to pack but also don’t need heated up or aren’t just salads or sandwiches which I’ve gotten tired of. So I end up stopping to get fast food with my coworkers more often than I should. I don’t have a lot of time in the morning so it’s easier for me to prep beforehand but I’m just having a hard time figuring out stuff to take that’s easy and will help with my weight loss.

Replies

• notafatmommy
    notafatmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I just had cold grilled chicken for lunch and it’s one of my favorite things to pack when we travel. I am also a fan of snack plate lunches, so when I need to pack I lunch I will bring hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, cucumbers, grapes, baby carrots and dill pickles. You could add crackers, cheese, yogurt, and so much more depending on your calories and eating style. You could also keep food warm in a thermos. For my kids I have done pasta, pulled pork, soup, roast and potatoes and they promise me it’s still hot at lunch.

• LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've got pasta and veg in pasta sauce ready to go, I've added salad as I have lots to use up.
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Taco salad
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Cold soups, hummus and crackers? If you can take a bag lunch, you can either get one of the small insulated lunch bags and put a small reusable ice thingie in it to keep things cold, or get a small insulated bowl/lid to keep things hot, for variety.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Tortilla….(as in the deep Spanish omelette with eg potato/courgette/onion and ham in it. Good cold. Lots of variations you can make)

Smoked Salmon on German rye bread or bagels (Ie a very different type of ‘sandwich’)

Salmon fillet with potatoes in plain yoghurt
    and mange tout (ie cold version of a hot meal)

Non green leaf based salads - eg Russian potato, ham and pea salad, rice and lentil/sweetcorn, feta and watermelon, pasta with pesto , three bean, orange and walnut with celery.

Sushi

Good luck

• BeanieBean93
    BeanieBean93 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There are so many options that are easy to grab and go! And, if you have a decent lunchbox, you won't need an ice pack in there. We like the Yeti lunch boxes and it keeps our food at a good temp without having ice.

I send my fiance with cold cauliflower rice and chicken usually. Or cold broccoli and chicken. He also brings a yogurt, some jerky, a cheese stick and some fruit - usually an apple/orange/banana.

If you don't want to carry around tupperware you can always just throw veggies, dip, hardboiled eggs, cold chicken, cold lunchmeat, nuts and crackers in ziplocs and go. We like to get the hummus to-go packs or the peanut butter packets since they're already packaged. I'm also a big fan of RX bars and my fiance will take the Kind bars.