Delicious breakfast wrap - only 170 calories!

Options
I was trying to put everything I wanted for breakfast all together, since I'd be eating it in the car on the way to work, and I made up this delicious new breakfast wrap. It's nothing super unique or special, but it's quick, low cal, and very filling!

La Tortilla Factory - Garlic and Herb Tortilla - 1 Tortilla - 50 calories
3 Large Egg Whites - 48 calories
1 Tbsp of Scallions - 2 calories
1 Slice of Turkey Bacon - 35 calories
1/2 Slice of Sargento Pepperjack Cheese - 35 calories

I make the egg first, putting scallions on top before I flip it. Then, as the egg cools off to the side, I put the cheese on it, the heat is more than enough to melt the cheese. I warm up a slice of turkey bacon, then cut it in half and stack it [more bacon in one bite and it fits better inside the tortilla] then I warm up the tortilla for about 20 seconds per side, put the egg and cheese on top, stack the bacon pieces, and VOILA! I wrap it up and am on my way. I happen to have a skillet that makes the egg whites the exact size of the tortilla, so I get egg in every bite. Yum! And it takes me about 5-7 minutes to make.

Replies

• BigBenBaca
    Options
    Great idea, I will try it...
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yum! I have never seen the garlic & herb tortillas though. Will have to look for those! Thanx!
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Can't seem to get low cal tortillas in the uk. They are all 100 cal plus.
  • Tyler2011
    Options
    Sounds way better than my stale kashi
  • transylvaniaxx
    Options

Yeah, it took me so long to find a low cal tortilla! But La Tortilla Factory has a Smart and Delicious category, all low cal tortillas. I think the highest one is 80 cals and it's huge! I find them at Walmart, I don't know if you have Walmart in the UK?
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Yeah, it took me so long to find a low cal tortilla! But La Tortilla Factory has a Smart and Delicious category, all low cal tortillas. I think the highest one is 80 cals and it's huge! I find them at Walmart, I don't know if you have Walmart in the UK?

We have Adsa which is owned by Walmart but doubt we would get the same food :-(