JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,610 Member
    Options
    JFT for 5/2/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday 5/5✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 12/31). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️Didn't eat today.
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.

JFT for 5/3/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today.
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday 5/5
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just saying hi. I’m not up to goals right now, I’m just trying to get through my weeks.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just saying hi. I’m not up to goals right now, I’m just trying to get through my weeks.

Hope you're okay x
    I'm pretty much the same, I had them really good two weeks and I'm still not fully over this illness now and I'm on my third week! I'm still coughing, it's not so bad but I've pulled the muscles in my back. If I just stopped coughing I'd be okay lol
    But I already know I've lost all that momentum from before and it's just so annoying because it took me so long mentally to get started again!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Hey everyone, I got a new phone yesterday! I was very good for 6 months and paid my phone bill on time, every time. Lately over the years I've been a phone dropper. Kept breaking them. The last phone I got was a decent phone but it was a "Lite" version so it was cheaper. Ash said if I looked after it properly he would one day get me an awesome phone. And he did. Well we both did.

We got the same phone, his in black, mine in white!
    But this time we've been able to get the Pro version. It's fricking awesome
    This is by far the best phone I've ever had. But now I'm too scared to take it out hahaha
    I got the OPPO Find X5 Pro. So I'm buzzing ATM but sorting through all my apps and need to see if I can connect.me watch somehow? Or I may need a new watch hahaha wonder what ash will say 😂😂
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday 2nd May

THINK before you eat yes, every time!
    Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Grocery shopping yes, a good healthy shop
    More gardening, still lots to do! managed cutting the grass and some weeding

A second good day. Only one snack when I was peckish, but it was an apple. I've amazed myself that I haven't eaten any sugary snacks. Bought lots of fruit and veg, now have to eat it!

JFT Wednesday 3rd May

THINK before you eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    More gardening
    Laundry
    Pack for tomorrow

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Hey guys
    Hope all is well!
    Trying to stay focused here. I’ve been spotty about writing down my goals since I kinda lost my routine with vacation but for most part have kept things in line making the goals in my head. Yesterday I went off the rails. The background was that I did a 50 mile “backwoods” mtb race called the stoopid 50 Sunday. Was physically the hardest race I’ve ever done. Took 7 th in age group and 11 over all so that was cool. Monday took break entirely, yesterday did a trainer session but disk t do the typical volume on purpose and decided a few beers would be nice. I feel like today I’m ready to re-focus

Goals
    2000 calories or less
    8-12 glasses of water
    No food after 9
    Log all food
    No beer
    Get to Teigans track meet
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water ✔️
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories ❌
    ☑️No coffee until 8am (already failed this one today) ✔️
    ☑️No food until 10am ✔️
    ☑️No food after 8pm ✔️
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today ✔️
    ☑️Ladies Bible Study Tonight ✔️
    ☑️Update problem customer acct ❌

I had a rough eating day yesterday. For no good reason I just suddenly wanted all the junk yesterday, and I gave in to that feeling. Chips and pretzels. Dessert at bible study. Ugh! It's fine. We all have bad days. I'll dust myself off today and try again.

JFT:
    ☑️Drink at least 72oz water
    ☑️Stay under 1800 calories
    ☑️No coffee until 8am (already failed this one today)
    ☑️No food until 10am
    ☑️No food after 8pm
    ☑️Get at least 8000 steps today
    ☑️Spaghetti for dinner
    ☑️Finish customer account update
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday – NO SNACKS AT SCHOOL!
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Coverage! What a surprise. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Journal. Draft TPT unit. Write personification vs anthro script. Edit Malala study guides.
    3. Pit Crew - Oregon Trail
    4. Planning - Check boys' gym - lifting? Reading (Library book). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Review weekly plans. Write blog post about the cost of loving work.
    5. English class - NRI / Benchmark / Review for grammar quiz.
    6. Walmart / gas. Need to keep cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there. Identify priority actions in journal.
    7. Laundry. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books. When is next theater group meeting?
    8. Evening: Audio, livestream. SET UP PODCAST FOR TOMORROW. Pizza: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA but no library volunteering. Movie! Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf. NEED TO HEAR FROM ANA ABOUT VISIT. No laptops after May 15; check with other Ts about what they're doing for final exams. School dumpster Wednesday. Dems meeting Thursday. Senior trip Friday - take pillow and blanket!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 197.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage May 13 6P

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Another whoosh! Yay! Will probably de-whoosh tomorrow morning, but I'll take what I can get. Fingers crossed that I don't have to deload too much today.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Wednesday 5/3 (need to see where I am for doctor appt tomorrow)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

• cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    838 new posts. Wow. :o
    Hello yall ive returned.
    This time to document my new forray into anti-inflammation eating.
    I read that switching to this diet takes time to have effects. At least two weeks, with changes happening as late as six months later.
    Im also wondering who else has/is eats this way, what their experience is.
    So far its very yummy but the gas annoying. I prefer this kind of bloat to the other kind tho.
    My weight is currently 133 pounds. Basically what its been since i last posted.
    Energy levels are unchanged for the most part; i discovered i feel less lethargic and poopy when my meals dont have lots of fat nor lots protein in them. So thats been nice.
    Whats not nice is places with vegetarian options that are even greasier than the meat options!! Whats with that!!!
  • cgottschlich
    cgottschlich Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh and im also gonna try embracing the ADHD way of working. Ive spent several years trying to work more normal—one thing at a time, orderly, and with a schedule—and altho i dont regret the time ive spent developing those skills, my assessment on whether this way of life is an improvement... im unsure. So im taking a vacay from it, see how it goes. See if i can incorporate anyhing that ive learned. And hopefully my brain ungooifies!
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, except my hot cocoa and dose of metamusal. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    1) No dessert today unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Wednesday 5/3 (need to see where I am for doctor appt tomorrow)✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts, but none of Gary's canned nuts.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.
    JFT for 5/4/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) Peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/4 (need to see where I am for doctor appt tomorrow)
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

• Bex953172
    Options
    I have to share this as most of you have listened to me for 4 years complain about my hip and back.
    I was getting better and starting to exercise a bit in December and January, but on our travel day back from NB I ended up sitting for around 22 hours almost non stop. Needless to say everything locked up again and I’ve been in a lot of pain.
    Last night I had my 4th massage therapy session and I wish I would have listened and did this 3 years ago. I’m still in pain, but finding myself going a bit longer at a time before it’s uncomfortable enough that I just want to take Advil.

Tonight I sat cross legged for about 5 minutes!! I’m so excited that’s such an improvement.

Awh that's brilliant news! Stoll sorry to hear about the pain your in though but well done on your improvement! At least you can see actual results! Xx
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    2000 calories or less✅
    8-12 glasses of water💩
    No food after 9💩
    Log all food😂
    No beer✅
    Get to Teigans track meet🍺

Stayed under goal yesterday
    But did snack
    Woohooo Teigan’s 4x800 team is going to regionals!!!

Todays goals
    2000 calories or less
    8-12 glasses of water
    No food after 9
    Log all food
    No beer
    Treadmill after work
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Wednesday 3rd May

THINK before you eat yes
    Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    More gardening yes, slowly getting things done
    Laundry yes
    Pack for tomorrow [byes[/b]

Up early this morning, had a 10am appointment 100 miles from home. So no breakfast, makes my daily food log look good.

Just had a healthy lunch. Have 2 more appointments this afternoon, and if I eat the fruit and veg I've brought with me later it will be another good day. Just have to ignore the 4 fish and chip shops which are all within a 10 minute walk!

@Snowflake1968 great news that your back pain is easing, hope it keeps improving. Can't believe it's 4 years since you hurt it, that's a long time to be in pain.
  • more_freggies76
    edited May 2023
    Options
    JFT for 5/4/2023 (today)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 5/1)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday 5/4 (need to see where I am for doctor appt tomorrow)
    5) Up to 1.5 to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 5/2). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    11) Can have coffee stuff early due to doctor appt.
    12) Can eat early due to lunch meeting.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday – NO SNACKS AT SCHOOL!
    1. THINK PINK. Check on coverage requirements. JFT. Review emails.
    2. Online facilitation - Coverage! What a surprise. Review/revise lesson plans. SET TIMES. Update class website. Duolingo. Reply to emails. Journal. Draft TPT unit. Write personification vs anthro script. Edit Malala study guides.
    3. Pit Crew - Outside / chill
    4. Planning - Check boys' gym - lifting? Reading (Library book). Update Goodreads! Do some deep stretchy squats and some crunches. Review weekly plans. Write blog post about the cost of loving work.
    5. English class - Practice / Quiz / Classwork or make-ups.
    6. Walmart. Need to keep cleaning out Gmail. Need to set up some kind of organizational system there. Identify priority actions in journal.
    7. PACK FOR SENIOR TRIP. Check on books and dishes. Continue organizing office and setting aside space for books.
    8. Evening: Dems meeting. Dinner: Leftovers. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Saturday YMCA but no library volunteering. Movie! Sun RC. When to work on Clois & Stuffy? Need to purchase and install doors; need to repair joist. C nap in bedroom; keep blankets and pillows (and PJs!) in bedroom. Move OUR blankets and pillows to bedroom; keep atop bookshelf. NEED TO HEAR FROM ANA ABOUT VISIT. No laptops after May 15; check with other Ts about what they're doing for final exams. Senior trip Friday - take pillow and blanket!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 199.0

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; purple All-Stars. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? ADHD testing Aug 10 2P and Aug 15 2P. Therapy Mar 23 4p. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric May 1 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage May 13 6P

13. Therapy thoughts: Achieving fitness goals is especially difficult when snacking is apparently the only effective, inexpensive, convenient de-stresser and I'm stressed almost all the time. Progress: Work on reflecting on progress. Regressive behavior is now minimal. ASK about what's scary about the room. About what else in her life (now or previously) is/was like that. Normalize putting the blankets away EVERY MORNING. Then move to doing it FIRST, along with getting dressed. What do I do about the fact that nothing really seems fun? "Having fun" is something of a chore. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared."

WFTY: Priorities. Slight de-whoosh, as expected, but I did get through my 10% deload and didn't have to take it down any further or fail to complete any of my sets! So that was nice.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my cocoa, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.