Not losing

Options
Hey all! So I’m getting frustrated because I’m barley losing weight. I’ve list about 6 to 7 pounds in 4 weeks and I’m working my butt off! Staying in my calories of 1410 and working out at least an hour 5 to 6 days a week! I’m very heavy at 228 now so I’m getting concerned why I’m not losing more faster? Should I drop my calories? Thanks for advice !
Linda

Replies

• Rockmama1111
    Rockmama1111 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    It took me 22 weeks to lose 20 pounds. You’re doing fine, especially if you aren’t overly hungry.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    7 in 4 weeks is a great accomplishment most people would be jelly.
  • herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I’m proud of you! Keep going!
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,608 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Most likely the initial loss is some water so doubtful the loss is too fast. Give it time and adjust accordingly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    6-7 Lbs in 4 weeks is plenty fast. Averaging 1-2 Lbs per week is optimal. Your expectations simply aren't realistic.
  • Pdc654
    Pdc654 Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hi, @lindalake8 . You're doing great! Everyone here has given you great advice. You can do this. Remember that weight loss is not linear and an increase in water weight can mask fat loss. Some weeks you might not lose anything or even gain according to the scale. Don't panic. Take your measurements every month. Is your weight up but your measurements are less this month? That means you are losing fat even if the scale doesn't say so. Clothes getting loser? Another sign you are losing fat. Log accurately ( in grams using a food scale) and be consistent. You'll get there. Take it from an older (70) shorter (5'3") women who has lost almost 115 lbs over the last 2 years. You can do it!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 722 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    lindalake8 wrote: »
    Hey all! So I’m getting frustrated because I’m barley losing weight. I’ve list about 6 to 7 pounds in 4 weeks and I’m working my butt off! Staying in my calories of 1410 and working out at least an hour 5 to 6 days a week! I’m very heavy at 228 now so I’m getting concerned why I’m not losing more faster? Should I drop my calories? Thanks for advice !
    Linda

Hi Linda,

Others have given you great advice imo. But I wonder what you think will be your new normal when you reach your goal?

Getting 60 minutes of exercise or activity will need to be your lifestyle and not just a temporary fix to lose weight. The best way I find to accomplish this is by doing things I already enjoy, or physical activity with friends and family. Also, your calories at goal may not be too far from 1400 calories. However, your activity and exercise will increase that, which is why it’s important to stay moving. Some ladies, even the petite ones, have worked their way up to 2000+ calories with an active lifestyle. I find that if I exercise too much I get too hungry or move less later, so everyone needs to find their perfect balance.

What I’m trying to say is that your mindset is already off by saying you’re working your butt off, you’re expecting immediate results, and assuming this will have an end date. It won’t.

But I have some good news for you! It does get easier and more enjoyable as you lose weight and reach your goals. But staying active and managing your calories isn’t going away just because you’re at goal. This will need to be a lifestyle forever, and I recommend finding a way to slow down and enjoy the process by doing fun activities and losing at a reasonable rate. Hope that’s helpful! Believe me, I’m right there with you :)