Tracking body pump??

Options
So I went to a new class this morning called body pump which is a strength class that uses a bar bel plus hand weights for 60 minutes. Not sure how to track my exercise. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kassied09
    Options
    I have a similar problem with the 30 minute workout room/ 12 minute ab room at my gym. I am curious to see responses as well!
  • ItsMeLori
    Options
    Under cardio..... strength training
  • These are hard to record. I purchased a heart rate monitor because this gives me a more accurate reading based on my body type and workout effect which is based on my heart rate. This is what I recommend.
  • martinh78
    Options
    Just log it under cardio. You can add your own exercise if body pump isn't already in the list.

http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodypump/about-bodypump.aspx

Reckons 530 calories an hour if you don't have a hrm. Looks good, I do body combat but may try this if I can find a class near to me.
  • kklemencic
    Options
    I use a HRM so I get an accurate calorie burn and log it in under cardio and title it the name of my class which is muscle pump. Before that I did MFP cardio and used the strength training and MFP calculated the calories for me. If you don't have a HRM I highly recommend getting one so you know how many calories you personally burn each time. I use the Polar FT40 but I have noticed a number of people use the Polar FT7. I really like mine and since I have used it I am steadily dropping weight, I know how much I burn and how many calories I can eat for that particular day. Hope this helps good luck =)
  • Foxzy
    Foxzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Unfortunately MFP does not give calorie burn for weight training :(
  • Mrswilko
    Options
    I log it under cardio as circuit training - general...
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I appreciate it. I think i'll look at getting a HRM as well.:smile: