Issues bulking due to lack of knowledge

Options
I need help figuring out exactly how many calories/carbs/protein/fats etc. I should be consuming everyday. I currently try to hit at least 3000 calories a day, as fat as proteins and fats go I have no idea. I’ve always been skinny or slim and want to change that. I am on my second cycle, but went from mk-677 to lgd-4033. I religiously work out every night and have a routine, my body is showing results but the scale is not. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I'm not sure I follow. If you were skinny and you're seeing results, that suggests you've probably gained weight?

How much protein are you on now? What's your height and weight?

Unless you're really tall, I'd expect 3000 to lead to some weight gain, maybe a couple of pounds per month.

What's your weights program? Are you a beginner? How close to failure are you going, and how many total sets per major muscle group per week?

If you aren't on creatine, start that too. You don't need to pre-load it btw, though you can if you want, makes no difference after a month.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,923 Member
    Options
    If your looking leaner, and I suspect that's what you mean by looking better but your not gaining weight is, your not eating enough. You can continue and add a few hundred more calories then reevaluate in a couple or four weeks to see if you've added any bulk and additional muscle. I suggest your protein consumption should be around 1g per lb of body weight considering your lean and fill the rest with a combination of carbs and fat, but when farmers want to fatten up livestock to maximize profits they always spend their money with grains including corn. More detail is needed to be more specific about your training and diet. good luck.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Had to look up what mk-677 and lgd-4033 are. No judgment, you do you. But I was able to gain muscle size without medicinal aides, only clean eating and lifting. Only recently did I start taking creatine, I'm closely monitoring its effects both in- and out of the gym.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Damn, I naively assumed those mk and lgd things were some sort of blood test markers or something.

I've since looked them up. You haven't tried lifting naturally first and you've gone straight to drugs with side effects like lowered testosterone. As noss said above, you do you.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    LOL when the subject line includes the phrase, "lack of knowledge" and then whaddayaknow, homie has already hopped on SARMS. JFC.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I understand why someone would want to get on gear, but damn, if you can't even figure out your nutrition you really have no business loading up on drugs. If you're going to go that route, and you aren't interested in learning how to do it as safely and effectively as possible, I'd find a coach who does know how to do that, including helping you with your nutrition.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    If you are not gaining on 3,000 cals, increase them by 250/day to 3250, if after 4 weeks you are still not gaining, increase them by another 100/day, rinse and repeat.

when it comes to the amount of fat and protein, it is less important in a bulk to get x grams of protein, provided you are getting the minimum you need, about 1 gram per kg. Protein is much more important to retain muscle when in a deficit than it is to build muscle in a surplus, and in a deficit should be well over 1 gram per kg.

for fat, as long as you are getting minimum amount for proper hormone function, you would be fine, but you can eat more if you have trouble getting calories in, since it is more calorie-dense.

Before getting on gear, I would also suggest maximizing what you can do naturally first.