A few days in....

Options
chriszulu99
chriszulu99 Posts: 12 Member
Starting out some meals are going to be rough guess's unless your eating a lot of stuff that has barcodes and is in the system. Homemade meals require more knowledge to get accurate.

I think a big part of using a calorie slash nutrition app is a level of self-honesty.

Pretty easy to max out your calories in the app and then have late night potatoe chips that you dont put into the app.

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well, you can always get a digital food scale and weigh and measure all your food and drink. That's what most of us do on MFP, at least to start. Portion size is important to learn.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    True, personal accountability is required in order for this app or website to be helpful. Honesty is the key. Whether you count or log calories or not, your body reacts to input and output accordingly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    For homemade meals you can add the individual components to the diary...like tonight I'm having salmon, quinoa, and sautéed broccoli...I just added all of those components of the meal to my diary, including the amount of oil I'll be using. If it's something more involved, use the recipe builder.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Truth. I always encourage people to weigh/measure when appropriate. It's easy to be like, 'yeah...I had 1tablespoon of mayo on my sandwich'.....especially when you go to log it and see that's it's ~100 calories. When really you put like.... 3.

=D.