4 foot barbell - bad idea?

Options
2»

Replies

• herringboxes
    herringboxes Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Spring, do you have a link for the clips you use? I’m not familiar with the different types. I’m guessing you’re not using the spring clips since you mention a mechanism to tighten them.

Perhaps I blew it getting a threaded bar (wasn’t aware there was any other kind) but I think I’m going to stick with my bar and just see if I can make some clips work.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,521 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I seem to recall my friend complaining about the noise of putting the weight on/off his threaded bar too. Whereas with a normal bar it just glides on/off. Sorry to mention it again, but I agree with springer, the time to switch weights would drive me insane.

Anyway, for the collars, the snap kind as you can probably see on any Amazon listing, it's a clamp. When open, it's larger than the bar diameter, easily goes on/off. Push the clamp to close and it snaps into place. You can close it one-handed, and usually you can open it one-handed too.
  • herringboxes
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I’m definitely buying a pair.

Thankfully I don’t care about the noise. Just the time spinning the stupid collars on and off.
  • herringboxes
    Options
    Ordered a pair. Looking forward to it like Christmas.
  • herringboxes
    Options
    These LockJaws rank right up there with the dishwasher for quality of life inventions 💪💪💪
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me happy!