Ninja Creami

Options
I bought a ninja creami machine and I’m hoping someone can share some healthy recipes.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,678 Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    @springlering62, aren't you like the oracle goddess of Ninja Creami around here? Seems like I've seen you post recipes on threads; any you could link here?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,746 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. 😂 Ahem.

I LOVE my Creami.

Here’s some recipes:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869748/ice-cream-frozen-yogurt-gelato-sorbet-recipe-collection/p1

We did the can of plain pineapple tidbits in juice for friends the other night and they flipped out.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY NINJA CREAMI!!! (YES, I'M YELLING!!) I make a lot of different high protein low calorie ice creams. For the base, I typically use about 8-12 oz of unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla whey protein powder, 1 - 2 tsp of swerv or other artificial sweetener, a pinch of salt substitute and xantham gum. I then add extras to make a different flavor profile. Extras can include fruit, flavored extracts, or sugar free pudding mixes or syrups. I have started experimenting with just water and the protein powder to cut another 40 cals from the recipes, and have found success in my initial experiments.

Dark chocolate cherry - add a TB of cocoa powder to the base and mix in cherries at the end.
    Maple bacon - vanilla base, sub 1-2 TB of maple syrup for the sweetener and add a dash of maple extract to the base; hand mix in some crispy bacon on the top
    Pina Colada - unsweetened coconut milk, add coconut extract, lime juice and pineapple, shredded coconut as a topper.
    Butterscotch - plain or vanilla protein powder with half a box of sugar free butterscotch pudding mix
    Orangesicle/rootbeer float - 2 single serve sleeves of orange crush or rootbeer drink mix and vanilla protein powder

Endless possibilities...
  • springlering62
    Options
    @marathon_44 some great ideas there

Love your idea for pina colada.

Why not use yogurt or skyr instead of protein powder? You get the creaminess and still get the protein.

I’m experimenting lately with ricotta (blueberry and ricotta was a winner!) and plan to try some sour cream in the next batch, if I can figure out a way to buy one chocolate cupcake, to mimic a Hersheys Chocolate Sour Cream cake.

We’ve made vanilla ice cream with sugar free vanilla pudding mix and then poured cans diet Barqs over it. It foamed right up and was amazing! And super filling, too. Less than 100 calories for a huge root beer float.

I’m trying to lay in a supply of extracts, but they’re a nuisance to pour without spilling. I decant them into Oxo squeeze bottles, or have started recycling the Jordan’s Skinny “sauce” bottles, which are perfect for storing extracts.

One other suggestion- vanilla with a can of either sugar free apple or cherry Comstock pie filling. (We make three containers/6 servings at a time so it’s not as calorie laden as it sounds.)
  • springlering62
    Options
    PS it’s kinda funny when your banana for a banana split is more calories than your ice cream, zero cal syrups and whipped cream combined. And maraschino cherries are only 5 cal apiece. 😍
  • BrightEyedAgain
    BrightEyedAgain Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOL...I was just coming here to page springlering only to see that Ann already did!! Too funny!!
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You all really have me tempted to buy one of these, but I have to wait until later this year to be able to afford it! Too many other plans this summer!
  • springlering62
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »
    You all really have me tempted to buy one of these, but I have to wait until later this year to be able to afford it! Too many other plans this summer!

Next up: popsicle mold.

I’m obsessed with a local company’s blueberry-lemonade popsicles. Four ingredients: blueberries/sugar/lemon juice/ salt. Only 50 calories. But $4 bucks plus tax and tip for a popsicle……yikes.

Anybody remember Pudding Pops?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,678 Member
    Options
    ehju0901 wrote: »

Next up: popsicle mold.

I’m obsessed with a local company’s blueberry-lemonade popsicles. Four ingredients: blueberries/sugar/lemon juice/ salt. Only 50 calories. But $4 bucks plus tax and tip for a popsicle……yikes.

Anybody remember Pudding Pops?

Jello popsicles were a great feature of my youth. Get the popsicle molds. Given the other things you enjoy eating, you'll achieve Great Things with popsicle molds.
  • Dinah2
    Dinah2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I freeze 2 bottles of the Fairlife Protein Drinks in the deluxe pint. Then process on top half on lite ice cream and refreeze for another time. 150 calories, 30 grams protein per half.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Dinah2 wrote: »
    I freeze 2 bottles of the Fairlife Protein Drinks in the deluxe pint. Then process on top half on lite ice cream and refreeze for another time. 150 calories, 30 grams protein per half.

I found if I freeze the fairlife protein chocolate milk (which I cannot currently find, dangit) and then blend it with about 30-40ml of half and half, it ends up very smiley in taste and texture to a frosty.
  • springlering62
    Options
    Dinah2 wrote: »

I found if I freeze the fairlife protein chocolate milk (which I cannot currently find, dangit) and then blend it with about 30-40ml of half and half, it ends up very smiley in taste and texture to a frosty.
    I mix mine with a serving of cottage cheese and a bunch of ice, and a few grams of cocoa powder. It’s a protein power punch- almost 40 grams worth.

I save them for days like today when I know I’ll be low on protein.

Amazon has the Fairlife Core Power for a reasonable price, with next day delivery.