Need a few supportive MFP friends

Options
I love my core group on MFP, but sadly it looks as tho a few have dropped by the wayside. I am motivated by the "WTG"s from my friends, and now that my active group is smaller, I'm receiving less support.

And I love to GIVE support as well as receive, so if you would like to add me, feel free. I'm a pretty average person, just looking to get and stay HEALTHY.

Replies

• TainaLeirmoe10
    TainaLeirmoe10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You have my support, and I certainly would love to have yours!!!

Stay strong and healthy :happy:
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wanting motivational friends. Friend request sent. Great job on the 8lbs lost so far
  • moonlightuk
    moonlightuk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The motivation and support deff helps. Have sent a request :), Susan
  • asmith0301
    asmith0301 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Request sent! :)
  • benodie
    benodie Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I love all the WTG's too . .it really helps add me if you like :)
  • leanne2376
    Options
    you have my support too x
  • HTMTM
    HTMTM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I could really do with some support too. Every time I lose a couple pounds I seem to put most of them on again. I rarely go past my calorie allowence, and even then not by much. I am being really careful, trying to exercise a bit more, and it just doesnt; seem liek it's working at the moment. I don;t want to go on about it to my friends. Especially as none of them need to diet. Some support and encouragement would be really great. Just reminders of why I need to say no when I am offered a biscuit or something really. In return I would do the same for you.

Also, I have no idea how to add people on here. I haven;t explored it all that much.

Thank you.
  • jensway
    Options
    You have my support too :) Request sent!
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi! I sit for a large portion of my day. Over the past 5-6 years I've really packed on the pounds and in May 2010 I made the decision to "get off the couch". Started at Curves I worked my way up to Curves 3 times a week and Curves Zumba 3-4 times a week. To date I've lost 57 lbs and have at least 43 to go. A friend turned me on to MFP in early August and I'm loving it. 13 of the 57 lbs have been since I joined. Years ago when my son was a toddler I did Weight Watchers and I find that MFP is very much like the "old' WW. Very easy to use and full of information.

I'm now doing regular Zumba 4 times a week, Zumba toning twice a week and strength training at Anytime Fitness 3 times a week. I'm really trying to make lifestyle changes regarding exercise and food so that it isn't a "diet". We all know that diets fail because once you stop you go right back to your old habits. When I decide what to eat whether it be home or at a restaurant I check the calories here and say to myself " is this worth XXX calories or can I make a better choice?". I find by using this method there are things that I used to eat "just because" that I no longer want. It's quite liberating to not just eat whatever and then feel crappy.

I learned a long time ago that weight loss, while a personal journey on some levels, is also a village journey. The more support you have the easier it is. I'd love to meet some people here who are on the same journey.

Thanks for reading and have a great day. Remember: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

Linda