what was your first 5k time?

Options
2»

Replies

• stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I never time my 5ks when I run, but I ran a charity 5k in June pushing my 2 boys in a double jogging stroller and my time was 30mins 20sec.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I think it was like 47 min. Walked most of it since I had just started working ut. doing another one on Oct 2nd so will let you kow. I really just want to finish and not be last! Which I did on the last one so I know I can do it again
  • mopovich
    mopovich Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My first was 25 minutes...my best is 21 minutes. Goal is 18 minutes! NEED TO GET BACK TO RUNNING (stress fracture)!

Way to go!! Keep it up, girl!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I ran one last year in about 24.30 but had people behind me screaming and yelling to me to push and run faster and to pass the guy infront of me.

Just remember, it's not nice to count out loud. :wink:
  • hayescarmen364
    Options
    I ran one last year in about 24.30 but had people behind me screaming and yelling to me to push and run faster and to pass the guy infront of me.

Just remember, it's not nice to count out loud. :wink:

Lol, True but It's a must in Bootcamp which I was a terrible runner before I joined Marines now I am pretty good at 5K and Soon I want to run 10K starting next year.
  • sweetxsour35
    Options
    My first 5k time was 57 minutes, but at that time I was pretty unhealthy. Last year, my time was 44 minutes. Big improvement, but I could do better.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    My first and last 5 k was 38 mins and a handful of secs. I miss running :/
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was around 39 minutes and I threw up after I crossed the finish line :sick: I saw all the people walking around eating oranges & bananas before the race, so I decided I should eat an orange too. At around the 1 mile mark I could feel the acid in the orange just sloshing around in my stomach and it all came out after I crossed the finish line. Now I NEVER eat fruit before I run. :laugh:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was 27:17
    I'm running my first 10k in a little over a week (October 2nd)
  • JCubbins
    Options
    My first was on 18 June '11 and I finished in 33:13, but now when I run 5K I can tell that now I'd finish in about 32:30 :) Not much of an improvement, but for me, every second counts.
    Good luck!
  • bestcpm
    bestcpm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    FIrst one was this summer and I finished in 42 min. Most recent was this morning and I finished in 38 min. Next one in 3 weeks. If I push hard, maybe I can finish in 35 min? Any advice?
  • kimmyj74
    kimmyj74 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I literally just got home from my first 5K. Official time 36:31.:bigsmile:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    27:45

Totally felt like I was going to puke after that :P

My 5K this weekend was 29:48 - much more comfy pace.