30 day eating vegan challenge anyone?

Options
Hi im posting this topic for support and to find vegan pals on here or anyone that wants to adopt this lifestyle for a while.
Im also gluten free...

yesterday was my first day and I felt great and feel good today to keep going. I love eating meat but I feel my body needs a break.

Im doing this to help my skin clear up naturally, and let me tell you today I woke up with smaller pimples, no new breakouts and brighter skin, AMAZING! Also thanks to washing with honey and milk :)

well friend me if you want to try this...

Replies

• Brihammond
    Options
    I'll do it! I've been a vegetarian for about 3 months. (A bad one at that, since I've still been eating junk food instead of a HEALTHY vegetarian diet). I was already considering this,
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Props to you, I could not go from meat eater to vegan all in one go. I have been vegetarian for a year, and have just begun to feel like I can look at a menu or go to the store without picking over labels and ingredients.

Not to be a debbie downer, but honey is not vegan.... even if you are just washing your face with it!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I still have a couple weeks worth of meat in the freezer I got to eat, but as soon as I do I plan on at least adopting a vegetarian diet until Thanksgiving.
  • NoDairy
    Options
    Props to you, I could not go from meat eater to vegan all in one go. I have been vegetarian for a year, and have just begun to feel like I can look at a menu or go to the store without picking over labels and ingredients.

Not to be a debbie downer, but honey is not vegan.... even if you are just washing your face with it!
    yes i know honey is not vegan,
    im not going 100% vegan just on food going into my mouth, im not changing my personal care products
  • mandymore2luv
    Options
    I'm very excited to be going GF/Vegan, because I know the health benefits are amazing, if you eat plant based and not junk. I've read about honey's natural healing properties for the skin, but never thought about mixing it with milk. I love my neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash. That stuff smells awesome.

Do you take a multi-vitamin? I read that its important to be sure you get enough b12 on a vegan diet. My girls and I currently take gummy multi-vitamins lol, but I will be switching to boring adult vitamins once we go full vegan. I haven't decided if I will switch their vitamins or not.

Does anyone plan to implement, or already does, their vegetarian or vegan diet changes with their other family members?
  • NoDairy
    Options
    I'm very excited to be going GF/Vegan, because I know the health benefits are amazing, if you eat plant based and not junk. I've read about honey's natural healing properties for the skin, but never thought about mixing it with milk. I love my neutrogena pink grapefruit face wash. That stuff smells awesome.

Do you take a multi-vitamin? I read that its important to be sure you get enough b12 on a vegan diet. My girls and I currently take gummy multi-vitamins lol, but I will be switching to boring adult vitamins once we go full vegan. I haven't decided if I will switch their vitamins or not.

Does anyone plan to implement, or already does, their vegetarian or vegan diet changes with their other family members?

yes i am taking a multi I ran out of my gummy kind (love those) now i found a regular small one. I was taking calcium chews too but they contain milk so i will switching to a non dairy kind.

My muscle head husband wont go vegan but I did switch him to Paleo/primal also my kids will be paleo.primal next month. Gotta ease them into it.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I accidentally bought a bunch of gluten-free vegan burritos and pizzas made by Amy's brand... (I thought I was just buying vegetarian food on clearance lol)... But both were insanely delicious :)
  • NoDairy
    Options
    I accidentally bought a bunch of gluten-free vegan burritos and pizzas made by Amy's brand... (I thought I was just buying vegetarian food on clearance lol)... But both were insanely delicious :)
    Ive seen them but not yet bought... will try!
  • marymissmary
    marymissmary Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on for the 30-day challenge, which isn't really a challenge for me because I've been vegan for a long long time, and gluten free for a year or so (whenever I eat gluten, my digestive system freaks out, so I just stopped eating it, and everything is much better :).

Three cheers for vegetables!
  • NoDairy
    Options
    Feeling great
  • NoDairy
    Options
    Feeling::happy:
  • NoDairy
    Options
    Last night i battled after nap snack cravings :yawn: vegan protein smoothie did the trick:drinker:
    Today :smile: im super