N$V

Options
auntiebabs
auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
Okay, this success is costing me money.... It suddenly dawns on me that I need a new winter coat for this year.

Last year's got too big for me by the middle of january and I had to wear so many sweaters to keep the breeze from blowing thru my coat that I didn't need the coat any more. I don't want to go thru this winter layer 3-4 sweaters on everyday.

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    No kidding. I don't have a single thing I can wear from years past, including a coat!!! Totally expensive... second hand stores, here I come!!!! But I'm not getting fat again EVER!!!!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Great job! At least it's spending money for a good reason, right? What does NSV mean here?
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about that today, the amount of clothing you'd have to go through in a weight loss journey as you shed the pounds. Any friends or family that you could borrow or get second hand clothing who are your new size?

I guess one beauty of being the biggest in my family is that now I can start to share clothing with my mom and sister again...
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I think it means non scale victory.
    You girls ROCK......good job in your weight loss. What a horrible problem to have!! LOL!! Wink Wink!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have winter clothes in storage, if I can lose another 5 pounds, they should fit. If not, I'll be wearing capris and with tights under them, cuz I refuse to buy bigger clothes yet for this winter! Not really wanting to picture that either. :laugh:
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I think the second hand stores are such a good idea. And if you don't find stuff you love...if you are still on the way down it's a temporary wardrobe and then you can slowly build up a wardrobe you LOVE over time! Yay for nothing fitting!!!! I still have things from my thin days-in fact, unless I lose some more weight I'll be wearing shorts all winter. LOL Good thing we live in the south. ;)
    Thanks to the pp who asked what NSV meant. LOL I've been wracking my brain trying to figure that one out.
  • auntiebabs
    Options
    Great job! At least it's spending money for a good reason, right? What does NSV mean here?

Non-Scale Victory
  • auntiebabs
    Options
    Thanks everyone...
    I've been looking for a GOODWILL or SALVATION ARMY in my new neighborhood, but haven't found one yet.
    Although, I'm thinking if I buy a coat I love that will be incentive to maintain.
    Plus I'm really cheap... So if the coat starts getting snug, time to lose not to spend
  • swimtaxi
    Options
    It's a good problem to have! Fortunately I'm now able to wear my daughter's totally cute red jacket:) The bad news is that I'm really having a hard time finding clothes to buy. They all need to be tailored and i don't want to spend the $ since I'm still trying to lose. Keep up the good work; you are almost at your goal.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I feel ya for sure!! Workout clothes alone during one period I had to replace 3 months in a row because things were literally falling off. I loved my wardobe before, and am starting to be able to rebuild, but I think I'm buying waay less pieces so I can adjust easily as "life happens" lol!!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Nice little victory.

I was pretty excited one winter to start buying all new summer clothes, went from 38" waist to 36"ish.

I did myself a favor, and threw out (gave to goodwill) everything larger. Bonus of that is, gaining even a little bit of weight, I notice cause nothing was larger then 36" in the waist...and I had very little to fall back on.

I also pick up clothing outta season, or at a 2nd hand place. I can't count the times I've gotten brand new (with tag) merchandise from there for like <$5.

But ya, I def recommend buying off-season. Like pretty soon you'll be able to get summer things on sale/clearance. Buy winter coats in the spring, etc. Sometimes you luck out and save 75% or $100-150 on a jacket .
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options

Thanks for asking, I was wondering, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!