Decided to stop my calorie counting for a week to see what h

Options
Well, I decided to take the week off from counting calories, to see what happens. The hope, is that I've learned how to listen to my body and know instinctively when I need to eat, what I need to eat and how much I need to eat.

So, I weighed myself on Monday, and am getting excited to see where I'm sitting at on Monday of next week. I know that I've lost 5 pounds since Wednesday of last week (as Wednesday is my "regular" weigh in day).

Anyone else considering getting off of the calorie-counting-train for a bit to see what happens?

God bless!

Replies

• AliDarling
    Options
    i did that a while ago and it was great! lost 4 pounds. :D good luck
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i would like to because sometimes i think this website makes me obsessive with calories and working out but i am to scared i will gain weight to try it!!!! i have logged since january of this year and am on 93 consecutive days. Good luck to you :)
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I plan on it after stabilizing my goal weight. Good luck!!! :smile:
  • kassied09
    Options
    I plan on it after stabilizing my goal weight. Good luck!!! :smile:

this!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight both ways. A break is good for the sanity.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    best wishes
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged food in ages. In the beginning, I was obsessive about it. Now, I still read labels and make a mental note of calories in vs calories out, but that's about it. You just get a feel for it after awhile. If the scale isn't moving ... I know I need to make an adjustment somewhere. I'm probably at an advantage because I tend to eat the same things every day (at the same times even). It takes a lot of the guesswork out of it.
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did it for a week when my husband had a week at home with us but I ended up gaining 3lbs. I lost it plus another 3lbs the following week though.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    Periodically I do it just because of time restraints. I know it sounds silly, but being a mom of 3, 2 disabled, working full time, being away from the house an average of 12-13hrs/day for work, trying to fit in time with taking care of household stuff, and still getting exercise and such... that doesn't leave a lot of time for logging some weeks. I also eat similar things a lot though, and have always ate relatively healthy, just not up the calories I need - so seldom have I had a bad repercussion from slacking on the logging. I do like to log, mainly for peace of mind on the correctness of my actions, but do not find it necessary to my success either. I say try it, see how you do... in a week's time you won't do damage that is not able to be rectified
  • sarkris
    Options
    Periodically I do it just because of time restraints. I know it sounds silly, but being a mom of 3, 2 disabled, working full time, being away from the house an average of 12-13hrs/day for work, trying to fit in time with taking care of household stuff, and still getting exercise and such... that doesn't leave a lot of time for logging some weeks. I also eat similar things a lot though, and have always ate relatively healthy, just not up the calories I need - so seldom have I had a bad repercussion from slacking on the logging. I do like to log, mainly for peace of mind on the correctness of my actions, but do not find it necessary to my success either. I say try it, see how you do... in a week's time you won't do damage that is not able to be rectified

That doesn't sound silly to me at all! Your plate is more than full (so to speak!) I commend you for doing what you can to be healthy despite these challenges and time constraints. :)
  • angeleyes4643
    angeleyes4643 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm still a relative newbie so if I stopped now I'd be in bad shape. Maybe when I get to my goal weight and keep it off for about 6 months I'll give it a try but right now I'm too much of a chicken.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Well, I decided to take the week off from counting calories, to see what happens. The hope, is that I've learned how to listen to my body and know instinctively when I need to eat, what I need to eat and how much I need to eat.

So, I weighed myself on Monday, and am getting excited to see where I'm sitting at on Monday of next week. I know that I've lost 5 pounds since Wednesday of last week (as Wednesday is my "regular" weigh in day).

Anyone else considering getting off of the calorie-counting-train for a bit to see what happens?

God bless!
    Just finished doing one. Except I just try it for a couple off days at a time. It ally helps. I lost 2 lbs in three days last time :)
  • rachel1496
    Options
    I'll be trying it in a few weeks, we're going on vacation but staying in a house instead of a hotel so most meals will be the same as what I would eat at home. I still plan on logging in from my phone once a day though so I won't break my log in streak.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options

God bless!

I jumped off the calorie counting train a month or so ago and I have lost more weight in the last few weeks then I did in the 90+ days that I was "counting" and over thinking every bite that went into my mouth. It wasn't working for me.

I eat when I'm hungry, usually breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack or two. I really don't buy or eat much processed food, I make all our meals, there is nothing frozen and microwaved in tthis house. I also cut down a bit on my snacking, I was a huge chip eater. A few small changes and I'm on a good path.
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could do that until I was ready to maintain. I definitely don't feel I am ready to do that now.

Good luck though! I hope it works out for you!
  • theworldatlarge
    Options
    This is my second time joining this site, and I've decided to use it just for forums, and not to log food at all. I know it's very beneficial, but it makes me too obsessive and stressed out and then I ultimately guilt trip and give up if I'm not perfect for one day. At least, that was the case for my last attempt. So this time around I'm trying to be more casual about it - just eat normal amounts of healthy food and exercise without worrying about it constantly. So far, it's going very well. Although I'm supposed to have 2000 calories a day which makes it easier...