Takeaway cals?? Help please,,

Options
Just though i'd ask for a little help..
my hubby and i have ordered a takeaway for dinner as a treat and i usually order a 12" Hawaiian pizza plus a 9" garlic bread with cheese, just for me,,,
Tonight however i have decided that as i am doing so well this week with cals and weight loss i didnt want to screw things up by pigging out for an evening and have opted for a chicken fillet burger with salad no dressing/sauce,
my question is how do i log this, usually i log the pizza as it is in the database, im not sure how to log the burger the takeaway i have used is not on the database, I haven't eaten it yet as its not here should i weigh the chicken fillet when it gets here and log it like that or log it as another restaurants chicken fillet burger??
any help would be greatly appreciated,,
Thanks,

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Two different restaurants can produce two VERY different chicken burgers, nutritionally. What restaurant are you getting these from?
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    its a takeaway near where i live, they do all sorts pizza kebab etc i got the burger as looked like the lowest cal thing on the menu,,
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If it's not a chain restaurant, estimating calories could get tricky. But is the chicken fillet breaded? What kind of sauces (if any) is in it -- mayonnaise? Ketchup? mustard?

Don't stress too much about it if it's only an occasional thing, i.e. once in every 2-4 weeks. :flowerforyou:
  • smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey, it was 2 chicken fillets battered, (i didnt realise they were going to be battered it didnt say in menu they were!) they weighed 150g, in a non buttered seasae seed roll, no sauces, but with salad in,, i have logged as best i can, before i started this weight loss journey i would have takeaway 1-2 time a week now its 1-2 times every2-3 weeks so have improved, and i have improved on what i have ordered,,lol,, thanks for ure help,,