Starting BodyRock from nothing?

Options
Hello all! For a few months I've marveled at the workouts posted at bodyrock.tv, but have been too intimidated to really try them. I am not terribly fit and have a sedentary/desk life as a student, but I do make it to the gym a few times a week and do cardio (usually bike) and weights.

Did anyone else start these workouts basically from nothing? How did you approach it, how difficult was it, and how long until you felt confident with the workouts and/or had results?

Replies

• Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The new workouts sections, she does advanced first, then does a version for beginners.
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Do you do them?
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I think the bodyrock routines are excellent, but if you're new to exercise, I would ease into it with something else first. I don't want to discourage you from trying the bodyrock routines, but some of the exercises are downright difficult. I'd recommend building some functional strength first from more standard bodyweight exercises (or from using weights) and then trying the bodyrock routines.
  • amilynnM
    amilynnM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not discouraged at all! I tried one yesterday doing the most beginner version of the moves and I think I'll be ok if I keep at it. :)
  • Abbey_22
    Options
    I've been bodyrocking for a while now and lemme tell ya! LOVE THESE WORKOUTS! Even if I'm exhausted I still get pumped up to do them.

If you're starting from nothing I'd definitely recommend going with the beginner versions and working your way up. Also, when it comes to reps, if you can't do 30 do 20. The great thing about these workouts is that YOU can modify them to fit your personal fitness level.

I personally started seeing results in the first month of doing them every other day (and 1 or 2 of the workouts), however, I was working out everyday prior to that, so already in shape. But bodyrock has definitely made a difference in muscle definition in my.... well, everywhere! :D legs, abs, back, arms, whatever! I do watch my nutrition and try to eat pretty clean (that doesn't always work though).

No matter how hard you think it is don't get discouraged! It's an uphill climb but you'll start seeing results in no time! Good luck!