My PEP TALK (summarized) from this morning!

Options
Just gave myself the best pep talk in front of the mirror. Hell yeah. All my life I haven't wanted to work abs or legs. All my life I haven't wanted to eat right and prepare meals in advance. All my life Iv'e exercised for a few weeks and then stopped. I just turned 36. This can be a year of either monstrous change....or heartbreaking failure from the same ol' running in circles not getting anywhere. Will I listen to my brain and body which want to remain comfortable and dormant or will I listen to my heart and spirit, and be a slave to a schedule and consistency even when I don't wanna do it? Will I learn what this lifestyle REALLY takes? This year I can achieve greatness, self-discipline, and spiritual growth.....or I can result to looking in the mirror when I'm 37 and give myself the same pep talk I gave myself today. Will I choose to worship my brain? Will I choose to tell my brain to *kitten* the *kitten* up when it's telling me not to workout abs and legs because it's too hard and boring? Will I get in the kitchen this year and prepare meals a week in advance? It's truly up to me.

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Your next 36 years will be dedicated to health and wellness :D Once you get in the habit of doing it, it won't seem like such a battle, it will simply be what you do :)
  • Saksgirl1
    Options
    LOVE this!!!!
  • habbhabb
    habbhabb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your legs are such large muscles that developing them will help burn the fat off everything else, and developing your abs will help you move so much better, protect your back, and prevent you from walking like an old man.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    you will do great! I try and break it up in 3-6 week segments. I will work out 3x a week for 3 weeks. I will eat well and make my food for 3 weeks. Etc. Nice job and good luck.
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Aww I love this! You can do it, mind over matter! Go Danny!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Excellent thoughts! I definitely don't want to be in the same place when I turn 37 that I was in when I turned 36! I hope you listen to yourself!!!
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You're good enough, you're smart enough and dog-gone people like you. Go Danny :)
  • TrekkerCynthia
    TrekkerCynthia Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great post to read in the morning!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    This is what I shall say to my reflection. Nice.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    You can do it, Danny. You made the first move. You are here. You know what you need to do. Find your groove and you will succeed!
  • kassied09
    Options
    You can do this! We are all here for you :D
  • corona304
    Options
    You are the CHAMP!
  • dannylives
    Options
    You are the CHAMP!

Thanks!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Love it, positive!! Just what I needed, think I have been kicking myself, off to give myself a hug now and sort myself out with a talk xx
  • wenders74
    Options
    Well dang Danny thanks for the pep talk LOL I needed that, TRUELY!

That was awesome and well said.

Feel the exileration of victory by accepting the challege! GO FOR IT!!!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Thanks Danny! Real words of wisdom! You can and will do this!
  • dannylives
    Options
    Love it, positive!! Just what I needed, think I have been kicking myself, off to give myself a hug now and sort myself out with a talk xx

Awesome!
  • dannylives
    Options
    Your legs are such large muscles that developing them will help burn the fat off everything else, and developing your abs will help you move so much better, protect your back, and prevent you from walking like an old man.

That's what I keep hearing. Things are gonna have to change this year, I don't wanna walk like an old man by the time I'm 40! THANK YOU!