Options
how i can lose weight in short time
my weight 70 kg and tall is 167 cm
thank you

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    how much are you looking to lose, and why a short time frame?

In general, you should be aiming to lose 0.5 lbs per week if you have 10 or less lbs to lose, 1 lb if you have 11to 30lbs, 1.5 from 30-49, 2lbs/week >=50lbs to lose.

Losing too fast can result in a larger % of your loss coming from muscle, it is important to strength train and get enough protein so you limit the loss of muscle.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    You should only be looking to lose ~1% of your current body weight per week.

So..."How to lose weight in short time?" -- typically the answer would be 'Don't".

Without any more details about your current stats and your goals...not sure anyone can really help much.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    You don't, unless you cut off a limb. The weight didn't get there overnight, and won't come off quickly either. Trying to lose too fast will mean you'll lose muscles. Thus you'll not look cool but flabby, unhappy, grey, poor hair and fingernails.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    how i can lose weight in short time
    my weight 70 kg and tall is 167 cm
    thank you

Healthfully, while thriving?

No such way. Or at least poor odds.

Follow the good advice above. Stay healthy.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    He’s approximately 5’5” and 154 pounds, for us Imperial heathens.

That’s just .6 into overweight territory BMI. Those soooo close to “normal” BMI.

I’d suggest setting a goal of losing .5 a week, and doing some weight training to build muscle. But this close to goal, it’s going to be slow going losing, and building muscle isn’t a fast process, either.

But if you’re asking for magic, fast solutions, sorry dude, we all did/do it the same way.
  • fafej
    fafej Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I agree with springlering62

being .6 out of the threshold is not something I would worry about.
    You are very close to something that WHO defines as "healthy" or "average".

(My first thought would be: why would you want to change your weight?)

A healthy nutrition plan would solve everything in a few weeks time.