New and need help please

Options
I am trying to lose 100 pounds as soon as possible. I am currently the worst I've ever been tipping the scales at 247. I want to be around 120 before I get married in October of next year. I don't have alot of money at the moment to join a gym, but I will as soon as I get the money. In the mean time I was wandering if anyone could shar with me some at home workouts I can do work how many minutes a day I should walk. I am ashamed I have let myself get this bad. my husand-to-be is SO thin and it's embrassing for me to stand next to him and he's half of me...I'd like to feel comfortable and sexy. He's always had the skinny girlfriends and everything and now there is me...so yeahhh...I want to feel confident and live a heathly life style.

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Use myfitnesspal's guided weight loss tool... dont fret about how soon you want to lose 100 pounds or you will go mad... thats a lot to lose and it will be a long journey... Just embrace a lifetime of health, trusting that if you start the process now you will be in dramatically better shape by the time of your wedding over a year from now.

Just set it to 2 lbs a week weight loss, follow the guidelines, RELAX, give thanks you have found a wonderful person to love, and embark confidently upon this new journey :)
  • jnell82
    jnell82 Posts: 136
    Options
    Jilliian Micheals Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred.... or really anything Jillian Michaels is a good workout :0 Welcome and good luck!!
  • destiny637
    Options
    You CAN do this! Get started today! Walk for even 5 minutes and then do a little more everyday. Start using the tools on this site! Track your food and let the site help you create goals. Don't try to do too much at once. Start walking - 5 minutes. Get your body moving and pay attention and track what you're putting in your system. Start there. You can totally make great changes before your special day next year!

Feel free to add me. :))
  • ukyo999
    Options
    you cant go wrong with walking.
  • magicalamanda
    magicalamanda Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you want to exercise at home there's a ton of things you can do!!! You can go for walks or runs, you can lift weights, and if you don't have any you can use house items such as; soup cans, laundry detergent bottles, pretty much anything with a little bit of weight that is easy to hold. I've recently found that jumping rope burns tons of calories and I love to do it!

The most important thing to remember though is that you're not just trying to lose weight! You're not going on a special diet!!! You are trying to live a healthier life and to make some permanent lifestyle changes. If you don't keep that in mind that you will have a really hard time keeping off the weight that you lose!

Feel free to add me!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 100 pounds as soon as possible. I am currently the worst I've ever been tipping the scales at 247. I want to be around 120 before I get married in October of next year. I don't have alot of money at the moment to join a gym, but I will as soon as I get the money. In the mean time I was wandering if anyone could shar with me some at home workouts I can do work how many minutes a day I should walk. I am ashamed I have let myself get this bad. my husand-to-be is SO thin and it's embrassing for me to stand next to him and he's half of me...I'd like to feel comfortable and sexy. He's always had the skinny girlfriends and everything and now there is me...so yeahhh...I want to feel confident and live a heathly life style.

the first thing that you need to do is look at this as a lifestyle change, not losing weight 'as soon as possible'. you didnt put the weight on quickly, so unfortunately if wont come off quickly, and u dont want to put too much pressure on yourself and have unrealistic goals.

stick to the cals that MFP gives you and find some exercise you like!

Good luck!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi I started out at 220 or so and am now down to 196 in about 3 months.
    I have MFP set to lose 1.5 pds a week. I get 1300 calories a day, and I usually work out for at least 30 minutes every other day. When I first started I couldn't hardly walk a mile, now I am running for 2 miles at a time. I try to have a cheat day each week, because I find that if I deprive myself I will end up going overboard with food anyway (I am addicted to food)
    It just takes persistance, and don't ever get in a hurry because losing weight is a journey not a race and if you rush it you will slide right back down into old habits (been there know from personal expierence). Hope this helps and if you want some more encouragement feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    As the other posters have mentioned, MFP is a fabulous tracking tool. Once you start "seeing" what you are eating it will help you see that a change is definitely needed. I found that it was combination of me eating like crap or eating too much of a good thing.
    However were I became lost is the "what do I eat now?" issue. My wife is a member of WW, so I could get advice from her.
    Weight watchers doesn't post a lot of their data; that's understood it's how they make their $$.
    I would suggest looking at people's food diaries. I might give you ideas on how you can change your eating habits.