Three weeks in, 7lb down

Options
Hi,

Been using this site for 3 weeks now and lost 7lbs which pleases me no end! Plan to carry on until I'm happy (which'll be around the 175lb mark, so another 20lb to go). I've been reading the forum during this time so thought it was about time I said hello and joined in :)

Got the calorie count set at the 2lb a week mark and seem to be achieving that. Weight training and an over-enthusastic dog that needs walking seems to be helping me.

So, hello!

Replies

• NostalgicDruid
    Options
    Welcome! It's great to see that the site has been helping you but keep in mind you don't want to lose the weight too fast. Becoming healthy should also be done in a healthy manner! Not trying to criticize, just don't want you to run into any problems like some of my family members have. Cheers!

- Christina
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Congratulations...to see the numbers go down on the scale is just great isn`t it?

Dog walking is just a fantastic help...my little dog loves all the exercise :-)

Keep on with what you are doing and you will see that weight go in no time at all :-)
  • Survivedbrooklyn
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on your weight loss and I know you will reach your goal in NO time!! :)
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Welcome! It's great to see that the site has been helping you but keep in mind you don't want to lose the weight too fast. Becoming healthy should also be done in a healthy manner! Not trying to criticize, just don't want you to run into any problems like some of my family members have. Cheers!

- Christina

I appreciate what you say Christina, but 7lbs in 3 weeks is a good steady weight loss for his weight x
  • deex18
    deex18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ive lost 6.2 in just over 2 weeks!! so happy s wel!! feel free to add me!!
    wel done to u!
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    Mermx,

Early on yes, but I had some family members maintain that even when they were closer to the weight acceptable to their height/age. It's caused a lot of problems for them and I can't help but feel a little bit of momma bear come out when I see others trying to lose weight quickly.
  • sandhillcrane
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the weight loss! This site has helped me a lot. For me, logging everything really makes you think about what you are doing. I wish you continued success! You will do it!
  • smashleyt
    smashleyt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your progress!!!
  • chrisandrews75
    chrisandrews75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. No, I'm not trying to lose too quickly although the quality of my diet's gone to pot but I'll recify that. But I appreciate the concern.