Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 223

Options

Replies

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    It's me again. I just got back from a nice walk with the pup, during which I thought about my weight, my food, my emotional state re both. Maybe it was the fresh air and movement, but I decided that moping around about it (and especially eating while I mope!) won't do me any good, so.... new plan, based on recent science. I'm going to increase my protein goal to 25-35%, (I'm hitting 15-20% now) and reduce processed carbs along the lines of @SModa61's post above. Also limit cheese to ~1 oz/day. It's my biggest source of saturated fat and I LOVE cheese, so.... I probably won't get the changes in place this round as I'll need to do a bit of planning and shopping, but I have it in mind. DH does most of the cooking around here and leans heavily on pastas -- he's a lifelong skinny person and has only the barest notion of calories or macros! I can take over more dinners, and we each eat our own thing most breakfasts and lunches. If he wants French toast, I can make that and an egg or two for me at the same time. I do know that in the past when I cut out almost all sugar and processed carbs, I stopped craving them. Why did I let myself get back into bad habits? Yeesh! Anyway, I thought I'd reverse my down-in-the-dumps post from earlier with (once again) a plan of action that I will hopefully stick to better than I have the past 6 months.

Thanks once again to this lovely group -- it's so nice to have a place to spew and to get support and ideas without judgment. Have a great weekend, everyone!

@SheilaBoneham I married an Italian, so I get the pasta. Yes, when I lightened the carbs to help my cravings, I doubt I had pasta that first month. I do eat meals that are 100% pasta with simple red sauce, but likely only a couple times a month. It is lovely that your DH does cooking. If he were to make a bolognese sauce with the pasta, all that meat would boost the protein in the meal, and of course, if you are counting calories, you will correspondingly include less pasta in that meal. I think there also might be other types of pasta that are not wheat based, and maybe their carbs would be less triggering. I honestly don't know, but other's here might. The other tool I keep in my freezer (embarrassed to say) is Barber frozen chicken. Allows me a quick, close to no effort dinner (did last night with brown buttered carrots and a simple romaine salad). Hubby favors the Cordon Blu.

Funny about your cheese limit. This past week, after my blood work (which I am no longer as concerned about) I looked at my nutrition and my saturated fats are OFF THE CHART. So back to pre-packaged, Belgioioso parmesan snacks squares (not every day) and I went to Trader Joe's and grabbed more of the pre-portioned nuts and trail mixes as grab and goes.
  • SheilaBoneham
    SheilaBoneham Posts: 3,004 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 Thanks for the pasta info. We do often use chickpea and red lentil pastas in place of wheat, and that’s better in terms of cravings.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 Thanks for the pasta info. We do often use chickpea and red lentil pastas in place of wheat, and that’s better in terms of cravings.

@sheilaboneham Awesome! Sounds like you know more than me on that.. <3
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    AR10at50 wrote: »
    F58, 5’5
    Heaviest: 187 Sept. 2018
    RGW Loss: 3lbs.
    UGW: 140lbs

5/19-165-I finally made it back; it took a while to find the link-I had been gone so long. My life has been crazy busy, so busy that I don’t have time to walk. I’ve been cutting down on activities that take me away from other things I need to do. It’s wonderful to be here. Thank you @quiltingjaine ! Karen

Good to see you again 😄
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    It's me again. I just got back from a nice walk with the pup, during which I thought about my weight, my food, my emotional state re both. Maybe it was the fresh air and movement, but I decided that moping around about it (and especially eating while I mope!) won't do me any good, so.... new plan, based on recent science. I'm going to increase my protein goal to 25-35%, (I'm hitting 15-20% now) and reduce processed carbs along the lines of @SModa61's post above. Also limit cheese to ~1 oz/day. It's my biggest source of saturated fat and I LOVE cheese, so.... I probably won't get the changes in place this round as I'll need to do a bit of planning and shopping, but I have it in mind. DH does most of the cooking around here and leans heavily on pastas -- he's a lifelong skinny person and has only the barest notion of calories or macros! I can take over more dinners, and we each eat our own thing most breakfasts and lunches. If he wants French toast, I can make that and an egg or two for me at the same time. I do know that in the past when I cut out almost all sugar and processed carbs, I stopped craving them. Why did I let myself get back into bad habits? Yeesh! Anyway, I thought I'd reverse my down-in-the-dumps post from earlier with (once again) a plan of action that I will hopefully stick to better than I have the past 6 months.

Thanks once again to this lovely group -- it's so nice to have a place to spew and to get support and ideas without judgment. Have a great weekend, everyone!

You can do this Sheila, it's amazing what a walk in the fresh air can do for you! Very intuitive of you to use your negative feelings to help come up with a plan, I'm urging you on for success 👍🤞