Breakfast ideas?

Options
dmmarie21
dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
I was looking for something "cute" to make the family for breakfast tommorrow.
My step son who is 6 is picky about eating fruits/veggies unless they are uniquely hidden :laugh:

I thought I saw a quiche or souffle recipe on here where you use a muffin tin, but, I forgot to bookmark it and can't find it :grumble:

Does anyone know of something like that, that is low in cals?
I have that soy veggie "sausage" that I could probably use, or turkey bacon..
and egg beaters....

Thanks so much!!!

Replies

• dmmarie21
    Options
    I was looking for something "cute" to make the family for breakfast tommorrow.
    My step son who is 6 is picky about eating fruits/veggies unless they are uniquely hidden :laugh:

I thought I saw a quiche or souffle recipe on here where you use a muffin tin, but, I forgot to bookmark it and can't find it :grumble:

Does anyone know of something like that, that is low in cals?
    I have that soy veggie "sausage" that I could probably use, or turkey bacon..
    and egg beaters....

Thanks so much!!!
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    i think you are talking about the mini ham and cheese frittatas?

i will try and find the link to the recipe, they are really good!! I made them for my daughters sleepover B-day party last month and i ended up having to make 2 batches of them

brb
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Not sure I can help too much. Sorry.:ohwell:

Go to the message boards page and on the top right type in your keyword(s) in the search box. You may be able to dig up that post.:bigsmile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    sometimes SOUP is good for breakfast...mix things up a bit from time to time
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yogurt parfaits might be nice, you can throw in loads of fresh berries and crunchy cereal... tastes like dessert, how could he NOT like it? :laugh:
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Haha True!

I might just try that!

I made the strawberry cheesecake bites to go with breakfast, and...mmm. I had to sneak one... they are delicious :love:

Will def try the suggestions, thanks so much!

And soup?
    What kind would you reccommend? I don't know if I could stomach that for breakfast :grumble: I'm not much of a breakfast person anyway lol. but I'll try anything once :glasses:

Thanks everyone!
  • dmccale
    dmccale Posts: 10
    Options
    My husband loves bisques and gravy, so I found a can that is 50 cals each. We have two and I make gravy with fat free milk a little flour and turkey sausage. 2 sausages are 90 cals. Kids love it.It is yummy.:tongue:
    Deb
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Thank you!
    Do you know what brand they are?
  • dmccale
    dmccale Posts: 10
    Options
    Buehler.off brand I got them at Aldi's
    they are small but good.
    Deb
  • dmmarie21
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to pick them up next trip to the store!