Second Try

Options
I have the hardest time losing weight. Hard to stick to it. I was lisening to my stomach grawling at 6:30 this morning. I get alot of calories but I am so hungry. Perhaps I'm addicted to grease, fat and sugar. I will try harder this time!! I will lose if it kills me....which it won't.

Replies

• alwayssummer
    Options
    You can do it!! I've just started (again). Sugar is definitely my drug and I find once I get it out of my system, the desires are easier to manage. Feel free to add me, we can help each other!
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I too have an incredibly hard time losing weight. I have found that eating something every 2 hours, whether I'm hungry or not, makes a huge difference. Also, I have discovered a strong link between the amount of water I drink and my weight loss. If I drink less than 9 8oz. glasses a day the scale doesn't move and I'm hungry a lot.
  • meandtwocats
    Options
    Your topic caught my eye as this is my second try also. Good Luck! The reason for this second try is I have found that first thing in the morning I have Shredded Wheat with Bran in Vanilla Soy Milk and it fills that hunger for most of the day. The soy milk is sweet and it is low in calories so I get two for one for the day. The last time I failed because hunger all day was the down fall.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Here's to a great second start. When the belly starts rumbling just drink a glass of water to start with. This is my third time round. It Can be done. I know I am addicted to food and well, third times a charm!!! Hope the second time is yours! So far been in maintenance for a month and still where I need to be.

So just to say if I can do it you can too!!!!
  • LiciaHarry
    LiciaHarry Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What will keep you from feeling hungry is eating FAT. Proven time and again on the Paleo diet!! Fat takes twice as long to digest, and it does NOT end up on your body if you're eating the right kinds of fat.

BACON, BACON, BACON in the morning, along with some avocado and an egg or two fried in real butter. Also, try to have all your carbs in the morning, like a piece of fruit or gluten-free granola with cream. That will keep you completely satiated until 1pm or so. Lunch, have a can of kippers/tuna/sardines/any fish and a salad - WINCO salads are good as long as you don't get breaded meat or fake crab on them, I stick with the grilled chicken caesar salad or italian salad. Dinner (have you noticed I'm using my menus for this?) just have meat and veggies. Attempt to not have dessert - that would derail the day, happens every time I do it.

I don't snack very often, don't need to because I'm getting enough fat in my diet. I think the main thing is to completely drop processed foods!! And also, no matter what people might think of you when you're at a restaurant, scrape the toppings off your pizza and trash the crust.